Chapter 35- The Second Jewel Part I

Wanted- The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 35- The Second Jewel Part I

A wind from the North blows,

bringing with it those who lie below.

With them, spreads the infection,

to what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

to the first jewel of the girl who borrowed

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

to the second jewel of a man's true horror

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

putting an end to their world's unrest.

Hazel found Percy on top of the main deck, late into the night, where besides the occasional patrol of guards, only Percy occupied the deck. He had heard Hazel come up behind him and when he had turned to face her, he instantly turned his attention back to the dark waters around him, silently announcing his feelings and anger towards her.

Hazel ignored his cold glare and came to stand next to him, leaning forward on the edge of the ship. Lamplights hung around the deck illuminating the surrounding sea enough for them to see a little bit of what lay around them. But where the light couldn't reach, it was only darkness that stretched out. Even the moon was barely visible tonight, its absence casting the world into obsidian. 

Hazel wondered what Percy found to be so calming about his current environment, but she wasn't one to question him. Not when she was the one who helped put him in this state. In a state of worry. About his mother. She doubted an apology would be sufficient, but she had nothing else to offer.

She turned to him and said, "I'm sorry, Percy. I really am. I never guessed it would cause you so much anger and pain."

The king of darkness peeled his eyes away from his father's domain, and said, "so you just assumed that seeing my mother in such a state wouldn't hurt me? You knew it would. Thats why you did it."

He was right. And she hated herself for it. "If I could take it back, I would."

He chuckled, "I could say the same about so many things I did. That's what we all say. We all wish we can take back doing and saying many things. It doesn't matter now, she'll be safe soon."

"I-I'm just sick and tired of things being like this between us. We made a deal, to be better for each other, for a better future. And what I did-"

"What you did was wrong. No question there. And it takes all my willpower to not hurt you or Reyna. But back then, when you plotted to do this, you couldn't have known that we'd be on the same side in all of this. You wanted to use my mom as leverage to rescue Annabeth, I unfortunately understand where you were coming from." He explained, before glancing back at the dark waters. 

"So, we're good?" Hazel asked.

He didn't look at her but he nodded, indicating that even if her forgave her, he was still mad about the situation.