Chapter 30- Setting Sail

Wanted- The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 30- Setting Sail

A wind from the North blows,

Bringing with it those who lie below.

With them, spreads the infection,

to what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

to the first jewel of the girl who borrowed

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

to the send jewel of a man's true horror

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

putting an end to their world's unrest. 

Ever since I became Percy's slave, I've hardly ever dreamt. But whenever I have, it was a nightmare. The same nightmare. Over and over again. I always find myself back in the Island of Blood. It is dark and foggy, and I can barely see the trees as I sprint through them. From afar, I can hear the ocean raging, it's waves crashing against the island's vast cliffs. In the nightmare, I'm always running, but I never fully know nor see what or who I'm running from. But their fast, and I can hear their ancient howl of rage shake the enormous trees, but I never hear footsteps. So the only thing I know is that they aren't human, at least not necessarily. I never once dared to look back and see who was chasing me, as the feeling that came with them was enough to make me push myself to run faster, despite the many cuts, wounds and dirt that painted my legs. I never stayed long enough in the dream to see its end, because I would always wake up before anything happened. 

But every time I woke up, a familiar feeling of dread took over me. A feeling of hopelessness and death. A feeling I knew too well and had tried to bury it deep within me. Tartarus. So deep down, I always knew who was chasing me in the nightmare, no matter how hard I tried to deny it. The man that had become Tartarus. The man who took its power for himself. Percy.

Annabeth Chase's Diary, page 402. 

~

1 week later...

In the past week alone, an unsettling feeling of dread and an unusual calmness had taken over Percy.  He had failed. He had failed at seeing what was truly going on behind his back. All along, it had been Kasdeya who was pulling the strings and poisoning his people, only to leave a trail of dead bodies behind her. 

He hadn't slept much and had barely eaten anything. He wouldn't agree to see anyone nor meet with any of his advisors and generals. He would just give out the orders through the guards. For the first time in a long time, Percy felt truly lost and alone and incapable of facing Erebus. The Primordial god had clearly outsmarted him. Percy hadn't felt so defeated in a while. Not only did it irritate him, it scared him as he knew the possibility of it happening again is high and that he had disappointed so many. His ignorance and lack of attention and seriousness towards Erebus' capabilities cost him the lives of some of his people.