Chapter 32- To Hope

Wanted- The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 32- To Hope

A wind from the North blows,

bringing with it those who lie below.

With them, spreads the infection,

to what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

to the first jewel of the girl who borrowed

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

to the second jewel of a man's true horror.

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

putting an end to their world's unrest.

~

A feeling of unease shrouded her. It taunted her. The back and forth of conflicting thoughts in her head left her feeling drained. Every corner Annabeth turned, she was faced with a different opinion about her relationship with Percy. She wanted nothing more than to tune it all out, but her history with him told her otherwise. It told her to be careful and to be cautious of every moment she spent with him.

Hazel's words from the night before had left her questioning her previous promise to Percy and herself, to try to make their relationship work. To forget the messy parts of their past but to also learn from it- not to allow it to shadow their every step and moment, moving forward.

She didn't know whose opinion she should trust, but she knew someone who would be honest with her. Someone who would make her see both sides.

Midday, she found herself alone and with nothing to do. Below deck, Annabeth ventured through the narrow hallways, seeking Chiron's cabin. She hadn't realized, upon boarding the ship, how big it truly was. It was ten times the size of the Argo II and Percy had hundreds of other similar ships in his armada. Ships that were now sailing towards certain war. The thought troubled her deeply, so she attempted to bury it deep within her already warring mind.

She passed many dark demigods, going on with their regular tasks, but no one bothered her or even sent a glare her direction. Back in the palace, Annabeth had gotten used to the death glares and whispered threats, but that was no longer her reality. She didn't know if it was the potential of war looming above everyone or Percy's influence that left them ignoring her, but she didn't mind it, either way.

She stopped in front of a cabin numbered 329. She had asked a guard earlier the number of Chiron's cabin, she only hoped the guard hadn't lied to her. She knocked on the cabin's door and waited. To her luck, Chiron's voice came from the other side of the door, telling her to come in.

Annabeth walked in to find herself in a small squared cabin. A single bed lay on one side of the room and on the other side, a simple wooden desk. Chiron was seated behind the desk, on his wheelchair. Above him, a small round window revealed the vast and endless sea around them. Not all the cabins in the ship had windows, Chiron was lucky to have one.