Chapter 15-The Untold Part II

Wanted-The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 15- The Untold Part II

A wind from the North blows,

bringing with it those who lie below.

With them, spreads the infection,

to what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

to the first jewel of the girl who borrowed

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

to the second jewel of a man's true horror

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

putting an end to their world's unrest.

Sometimes, I just want someone to talk to. Someone to confess to my deepest fears and desires. I just want someone to tell them how scared I am everyday when I wake up and face people who want nothing more than to rip me to shreds. I want someone to talk to, to fill my day with other than the thoughts of fear and boredom and hopelessness that had come to take over my life. Every time new slaves are brought in from camp Half-blood I can't help but pray they were one of my old friends. At least someone I knew. At least someone I know is there with me, facing these monsters. I don't want to feel like I'm alone. And if this is my punishment from the fates for opposing Percy, to serve him forever, then I'll always be alone.

Annabeth Chase's Diary, page 124

~

Jason was running back to cabin nine to check on Nico when fire exploded from the strawberry fields, sending down ripples of hot energy scorching through the camp. Before, when the fire was only burning down a section of the woods, Jason wasn't worried. But now, worry had begun to bloom inside of him, what if the fire became too uncontrollable? What if it spread into the camp, only to reach the cabins?

If Jason was still able to use his powers, he could've summoned rain somehow. But after five years of being worked to the bone to the point where his exhaustion was so deep he couldn't even fly, Jason lost the feeling that came with having his powers.

Jason didn't even remember how flying was like. He couldn't even remember the feeling of the wind beating against him in order to miss it.

Despite the new wall of fire eating the strawberry field away, Jason ignored the screams and shouts of the guards and continued running deeper into the woods until he reached cabin nine.

He halted in front of the door, panting to regain his breath and composure. When he had saved Nico from the dungeons, Nico was pale and cold. Now, after leaving him with food and a warm fire burning, Jason hoped he had woken up. Jason took in a deep breath and opened the door, stepping into the gloom.

All was silent, except the light rustling coming from the fire place. Jason made it to the back of the cabin, where he had pulled down one of the bunk beds that are folded against the walls. And to his surprise and luck, he didn't find Nico asleep.