THIRTY EIGHT - HEALER

Jungkook

I've been in this apartment twice. Once, when I pick Jin up early in the morning because I wanted him to come with me and Soobin to Everland but that day ended in a fight. I remember wanting to push him out of my car. He was so annoying back then. But thanks to that day, I began being a father to Soobin.

The second time being there, that was embarrassing but very intense, when he caught me with a woman and he got really mad, I ended up knocking on his door and begging for him to forgive me. That day left me hanging but it also made me realize that I am sure about my feelings for him.

But today is a bit different. We will have a 'date'. We are not bickering anymore. I guess we learned to be patient with each other. We always clash before because we were both heated whenever we see each other. I'm glad it's not like that anymore. I'm glad we are now okay.

"Chicken is ready. I also cooked kimchi jjigae. It's good with soju and beer." He placed the food on the center table of the living area one by one. He turned on the TV. He wanted this night to be a movie night. But I turned it off causing him to frown and look at me in confusion.

"Why did you turn it off?"

I move forward to where he is sitting. I hold his hand and stare into his eyes. "I want this night to be about you and me. I don't want us to focus on anything else other than us. Will that be okay with you?"

He seems surprised by what I just said. But he nods then his eyes went teary. I don't know if his eyes are glassy because he doesn't like my idea or because he likes it so much that it made him cry.

I began to worry when he did not say anything. I don't want another misunderstanding to start. After what happened to us, I learned that I should be the one to give way so we will not quarrel.

But tonight, I don't want this to be just any other night. I want to know him well and tonight will be a great opportunity to do that.

"Beer or soju?" I asked when I noticed that the room is way too quiet.

"Soju, please."

After I gave him the shot glass with soju, I wander my eyes around the house. Especially on the doors of the bedroom. Jin startled me when I face him again. A spoon full of soup is in front of my face. I open my mouth and he quickly brings the food in my mouth.

"Why do you keep on looking around?" He asked but I know he meant something else. "You're looking for Yoongi? Do you want me to call him?"

He pulls out his phone and begins to dial. I think he will call Yoongi. I pull down his hand to stop him.

He lets out a sigh. "Kook, stop worrying. Yoongi is not here. I will not ask you to come here if he's here."

I don't know what he meant by that but I like the sound of it. Anyway, he was a bit naughty earlier when I picked him up at school. I hope he's still up for something.

"How long have you been living here with Yoongi?"

He finished eating his chicken first before answering my question. "I think a week after I arrived from London. Jimin and Taehyung arranged it for me."

"Are you enjoying your stay here?"

He nods while chewing in a pout. "Yoongi is always working. Either that or sleeping. I'm always in my bedroom watching TV so we rarely talk. But we do talk sometimes."

I look at the direction of his bedroom. "Oh, really? So you have a TV in your bedroom?"

He stands up and pulls my hand. "Speaking of the bedroom, I'll show you something."

We enter his bedroom and the first thing I noticed is the decorations. There are balloons tied on the bedpost, his bedside table has cars, a robot and a large photo frame of his son and on his bed is a teddy bear.

"You still sleep with a teddy bear?" I asked staring at the bear.

He nods and smiles. "That's my son's bed buddy. I don't want to wash it because my son used to hug it every night. I can still smell him whenever I hug that bear."

I know there's still pain behind that smile. His eyes cannot lie. "You want us to continue to seek justice for Haneul? I will help you."

Jin shakes his head and picks up Haneul's photo. "Haneul will be sad if his father will go to jail. I believe his father didn't like what happened too. I used to hate him, blaming him for what happened. But that blame and hate caused me so much pain and pain did not help me. It actually caused more. So I learned to forgive. Haneul loves his father. He knew him as a great one. So I guess he will not like it if I will continue the fight."

I can't believe this intrusive noisy guy has a very pure heart. He deserves all the love in the world. He is too precious to experience such pain.

He showed me his son's photo. "I know you saw his picture inside his vault but it's a bit blurry. This is the clearer one. I want my son to meet you. Haneul baby, this is Jungkook."

I don't know what to say. I sometimes wonder if I deserve to be treated this way. I know Jin hasn't told me yet that he loves me but I can already feel it. I stared at his son's picture and I can tell, he looks like his appa.

"He looks a lot like you," I said while holding the frame.

He chuckled. "I know. But he got his father's nose. But his eyes and lips are mine."

"Do you think he will like me?" I put the photo back on the side table, then pulling Jin closer to me.

"Of course. There's no reason not to like you." His eyes went to the tattoos on my chest. The shirt I wore has a low neckline showing glimpses of my tattoo.

"I noticed you love staring at my tattoos." I poked fun at him. He's been doing that a lot. Like he hasn't seen one yet.

"I love it. It made you look like a bad boy." He said shyly.

"So you like bad boys?"

He giggled. "No. Not exactly. I just like guys who look like a bad boy but very nice in person."

"So your ex has tattoos too?"

He frowned, he doesn't like my question. Obviously. "That psycho looks like an angel but he's an evil in a person. I'd rather choose someone with tattoos and looks like a bad boy."

"Like me?"

"Like you."

I wrapped my arms around his body, pulled him even more closer. He rests his hands against my chest and he looks at my eyes. I still can't believe I will meet someone who will make me fall in love again.

"This must be really painful." He whispered while tracing the tattoos on my chest with his fingers.

"Physical is not as worst as the emotional pain. That's nothing to me." I whispered back.

He seemed to hesitate with the next words that he's going to say. "I don't know if I should say this but I think I should. I know you've been through a lot of pain but I hope you will give me a chance to heal you."

His words hit me hard. A lump formed in my throat. I need to swallow many times just to clear it so I can speak again.

"There's nothing I want more right now than to be with you." I lift his chin up so he can meet my gaze. Jin is so damn beautiful. I will never get tired of looking at him. "Can you be mine tonight, Seokjin?"

He wrapped his arms around my neck and smiled. "Every single night if you want to."

And slowly, leaning my head down, I capture his lips with mine.