Chapter twenty nine.

Play the song, babies!

"So are you auditioning for the competition next week?" Leo asks as we sit on his bed and put down our bags.

"Which competition? The state level one?" I ask.

"Yeah. They informed our class today. Maybe they will inform you guys on Monday." He comments as he eats the apple. "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat?"

"Yeah. I don't want anything." I reply and look down.

"You didn't eat lunch again." Not a question, just a statement.

"I ... didn't but I had a heavy breakfast so .. like you know I didn't really get hungry." I say softly, knowing that he had already detected the lie. "So are you auditioning for anything?" I change the subject.

"Yeah. I got in actually. For story writing." He says as he moves over to sit closer.

"Wow! You won first prize for that last year, of course!" I say with a smile.

"Yeah! Ahh ... what are you going to audition for?" He asks.

"Probably the dance again." I say.

"You really need to eat, you know? How long are you going to torture yourself?" He says. His hands cup my cheeks and he looks at me with gentle eyes.

"I can't. I need to do it. It helps me feel better." I open up as I hold his hands.

"Feel better about what?" He questions me.

"About being .... inadequate." I say it. Finally, I admit it. "I just feel like I am not good enough. And I want to be. I want to be perfect."

"You already are. You're amazing." He says as he smile at me.

"Yeah well, I can't prove that to myself and I don't think I am." I reply.

He puts his arms around my shoulders and pulls me to him. I feel his hands over my head, patting me.

And I smile. It feels good to be in his arms, it feels perfect.

"I should getting going now." I say as I look at the clock. "It's 4:30 already." I get up and pick up my bag.

"I wish we could spend more time together." He says as he walks towards me.

I turn to greet him and he leans forward and kisses my forehead. "I'll miss you." He whispers with a smile.

"I'll miss you too." I say as I head down the stairs with him following me.

"Do you want to meet again, tonight?" He asks as I am heading out the door.

"In the treehouse?" I ask, surprised he would suggest that.

"Yeah. Eleven, as always?" He asks, his eyes full of hope.

"Okay. I'll keep the window open." I say as I head out the gate, towards my house.

"Y/N?" Jennie's voice calls after me. She runs to me and grabs me by the bag. "Why are you coming out of Leo's house again?"

"I was talking to him." I admit.

"Ohhhhhhh. Secret talking stuff." Jennie teases me.

"It's not secret stuff. It's just the upcoming competition and other school stuff." I say with a defensive tone.

"Ohh is it? What else did you two love birds talk about?" She teases me again.

"Jeez! Nothing dude." I say with a smile. "Really though, it was nothing."

Yeah, so, I really hope you guys are enjoying this.

Tell me your thoughts in the comments and vote for this chapter if you like it.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.