Chapter nine

Play the song, babies! (It's one of my recent favourites.)

So I get up, push back my hair, take a deep breath and look for Ken. My eyes spot him looking at me, his smile reaching his eyes.

I gulp and smile back. I walk towards him and he does the same. Guess he was planning on talking to me.

We greet each other and he immediately asks me if we can talk. I nod and walk with him to the school ground.

"So Ken I just want to apologise about yesterday. I don't know what came over me and I know that's not an excuse. But I am sorry but I really don't know how I feel about you. I like you but I don't know if I like you romantically. And I know I shouldn't have kissed you, I apologise." I go off with my monologue.

Ken smiles at me and presses his lips together. "Yeah ... uhh ... I was gonna tell you that I told you too soon. I don't really want anything like a relationship right now ... I shouldn't have spilled my feelings over with you yesterday. I am sorry too." Ken says as he looks at the ground and then at me.

"Ohhh. Yeah. So we're cool then?" I ask, pleasantly surprised at how the conversation went.

"You're too nerdy to be cool." Ken jokes and playfully pats my head.

"Says the nerd who won last week's quiz." I comment, as I adjust my hair again.

"You mean champion?" Ken says with a smile as we walk back.

"No I mean next week's loser." I snap back and then we say bye and head to our seats.

"So how did it go with prince charming?" Jennie asks as she gets up. She had finished her lunch.

"Pretty well actually." I fill she in on the happenings and we walk back to class.

As we are walking through the corridor, I spot Leo walking towards us by himself. I smile and wave at him but he seems distracted.

He walks by and we turn around to look at the tall boy walking away with his head down.

"What happened to him?" Jennie asks as she tucks my sleeve. "Let's go, come on!"

"He has been acting weird since yesterday. Like after the wedding, he was pretty shook up. I wonder what happened." I tell her as we enter the class.

We get our books ready and prepare for the class test to be conducted next period.

In the evening as we are walking towards the gate, we spot Leo again. This time Jennie walks over and talks to him while I wait. I don't want to disturb them.

She comes back with a confused look on her face.

"What happened?" I enquire.

"He is really out of his element. He barely said a word. He is really not doing well. He said it's just school but I feel like it's something more. He is good at studies." Jennie tells me.

"I wonder what happened to him." I think as we walk home in the evening sun.

Double update alert! I am really into this story. Lol.

And by the way, the Jennie is Jennie from BlackPink and Mina is Mina from Twice.

Who are your biases from those groups?

I really can't choose a bias in either.

Tell me your thoughts in the comments and vote for this chapter if you like it.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.