Chapter eight

Play the song, babies!

As I sit in the car, in the back seat, I can't help but replay the scene in my head.

After getting out of my head, I look over to Leo, his hair covering his eyes, silent unlike his usual self. Did something bad happen?

I place my hand over his and his body jerks, almost frightened, he moves away and gives me a fake smile. He goes back to staring at the floor, this time his hands covering his face.

What happened to him? He was in such a good mood earlier.

I ponder on the possible scenarios which made him feel like this. He is clearly disturbed.

Before I muster up the courage to ask him, we arrive at his house and they get off. We say our farewells and soon drive off to our own house.

"Y/N .. did you have fun today?" My mom asks as she turn back.

"Yeah. Yeah ... uhh ... it was nice." I say as I smile at my mom.

"What did you eat?" She asks. "There was so much good food."

"Hmm ... I ate the salad. It was good. Seemed like fresh vegetables." I say truthfully.

"Ohh good choice. What about dessert?" Mom asks me again.

"I didn't have any. I was full." I say, my hands drawing patterns on the seat.

"Ahh. Good. Good." She nods and turns back around.

Soon we reach home and I watch the rest of 'Dear Evan Hansen' after undressing. As I finish the musical, I go to bed after looking at the clock. It was eleven.

..............

"Y/N, you will not believe what happened in class today." Jennie fills me in on her day as she eats her lunch in the cafeteria.

I look up from my sketchbook and nod. "Go on then, don't leave me hanging."

"So you know Hongbin, right?" Jennie says as she places her spoon down.

"Hmm ... yeah, the guy from Leo's class?" I reply as I put the black pen in my hand back in the pouch.

"Yes him. So we had chemistry lab and we were going to go there and he walks into our class and asks for a lab coat for his bio lab and the teacher just lectured him for ten minutes straight." Jennie acts it out dramatically.

"Wait, ten minutes? Seriously?" I ask her as I put my hands on my cheeks, my elbows supporting my head now.

"Yeah. Then she called his teacher to our class and scolded him in front of her for another ten minutes. And we ended up losing the chemistry lab period because of the incident." Jennie concludes and goes back to eating.

"Woah. That is intense. I hope he is okay." I state as I play with my pouch.

"Ohh I doubt it. He really got burned by our teacher." Jennie comments through her food.

"Ya! No eating and talking. Finish your food." I say playfully slapping her hand. She pouts and goes back to eating.

At this time, I notice Ken walk into the cafeteria and I turn my face, covering the rest of it with my ponytail.

"Why are you hiding? And who are you hiding from?" Jennie asks as she turns around.

"Don't look. It's Ken. We ... Hmm ... kissed yesterday at the Rook wedding ...." I say in a whisper as I hide.

"Who's Rook? Also  ... YOU KISSED FREAKING KEN?" She asks in a hushed shout.

"It's this family at our church. I lost a bet between us so he asked me to be his date to the wedding and then we kissed it uhhh was nice. But I don't know if I like him romantically." I explain while praying that he doesn't see me.

"Ohhhhhhhh. Wow! Who thought miss innocent would have her first kiss with Ken?" Jennie laughs. "But if you're not sure just tell him that. Don't lead him on. And don't start a relationship with him if you aren't sure." She adds on.

"Yeah. That sounds right. Thanks dude! You're the bestest. Yes, I know it's not a word." I say.

"I wasn't going to correct you." Jennie comments with a laugh. "Go talk to him now. I'll be here." Jennie gives me a pat on the shoulder.

Heya babies!!!

What you guys been up to lately?

I have been watching a lot of *cough* bootleg *cough* musicals. My most recent one is 'Be more chill'. It's so weird good and 'Micheal in the bathroom' is such a sad bop.

Tell me your thoughts in the comments and vote for this chapter if you like it.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.