Chapter thirteen

Play the song, babies!

I knock on the door and wait for Ken to open the door. The door opens and someone unexpected is standing there, looking me up and down.

"Hey Hana!" I greet her, nervousness threatening to spill out. I get really nervous around seniors and she isn't exactly famous for being kind. Also, Leo said she was trying it on him.

"Hey ... Y/N.." she draws out her words as if to threaten me with her tone. That kicks in my pride. I can't seem weak to her, I have to be strong.

"Ken is expecting me ..." I state as she still stands at the door.

"Is it Y/N?" Ken's voice sounds inside and I hear footsteps down the stairs.

Soon he is standing beside his sister and smiling at me. "Come on in! What are you waiting for?" He leads me in and closes the door.

"Hey!" I greet him and look around. I has been a while since I last visited.

"I'll go get some water and snacks. Just head to my room, I'll be there." Ken instructs me as he walks towards the kitchen.

I start to climb the stairs and I feel someone following right behind, uncomfortably close. I turn back reflexively.

"So ..... what's going on between you and Leo?" She asks in an angry whispers.

"What?" I exclaim as she moves closer. Her eyes focus on me, as if to intimidate me. I stand proud, refusing to lose this useless show of courage. 

"I asked what is going on between you and Leo." She repeats as we continue to move up.

"Nothing. Why?" I reply as we reach the landing.

"Then stay away from him." She almost growls at me before she goes to her room. She gives me a last look before slamming the door shut.

What was that about?

I head to Ken's room and sit in one of the chairs placed near the desk. I place my bag down and I start thinking over the things Hana said.

As I think up plausible theories, Ken walks in and places the things on the desk. I smile and put aside my thoughts as I get to work on the assignment.

We finish the work by 1:00 in the afternoon and I pick my bag to go.

"You should stay for lunch .." Ken says. His cheeks were a light shade of pink as we walk to the door.

"No. It's okay. Thank you but I should really get home and finish studying for the test on Monday. And of course the quiz tomorrow." I comment with a touch of humour to make him feel more comfortable.

Ken laughs and says, "Ohh don't bother. I will win." He winks as he opens the gate.

"The heat is really getting you, huh?" I state as I walk out.

"Yeah. It feels humid too, after yesterday night's rain." He says as he closes the gate. "See you tomorrow!" We wave at each other as I walk away.

As I walk along the sidewalk, I think about what Hana said. What was that about really?

I look up as I reach close to home and see Leo standing there, outside his house. He looks sick, his eyes red and puffy as if he was just crying.

I walk up to him and as soon as he spots me, he turns away.

Heya babies!!!

How are you guys doing? How are you enjoying the story?

Btw, what's your favourite genre of music?

I really can't make up my mind about it but pop, alternate rock and Bollywood are probably on top.

Tell me your thoughts in the comments and vote for this chapter if you like it.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.