Chapter nineteen

Play the song, babies! (It's a gem I found on Spotify.)

I walk down the familiar path to the church but this time with Jennie, us wearing colour coded greens. She is wearing a green shirt with black pants and I am wearing a pale green shirt with a below knee black skirt.

We both look towards the house as we spot a tall figure in a blue shirt and black pants walking out the door.

Leo's eyes meet mine and he gives me a guilty smile as he walks towards us. Jennie tugs on my hand and whispers, "He looks like he has been to hell."

She is right. His eyes are sunken in, dark skin under them. His hair is properly done but his cheeks are sunken, his face tired.

He walks towards us with a smile that feels like he is about to lose it. "Hey! Fancy seeing both of you." He says as he walks along with us. "Jennie? I never thought I would see you in a church." He jokes as he pats her shoulder.

"It's a bible class, I thought it would be interesting." Jennie returns the jolly mood. He had make it clear that he isn't going to talk about his issues.

"Ahh okay! Cool! You will love Mina." Leo comments, looking at me. For a moment there, I notice some emotion pass through him.

"Yeah. Mina is my close friend there. You will love her. She is a sweetheart rebel." I explain as I turn to Jennie.

"She sounds awesome. I can't wait to meet her." Jennie says, excited. "By the way, Ken is in your class, right?"

"Yep. They both have this competition where each week the highest scorer for the Bible quiz gets to make the other person do whatever they want." Leo explains.

"Yeah. She told me about it. Isn't that how Ken asked you to be his date to the wedding thing?" Jennie says with a laugh.

"Yep." I say as we near the church.

"Wait, are you guys a thing now? I heard rumours." Leo asks as we enter through the gate.

"No!" I say, my defensive side taking over.

"What is she denying now?" Ken asks as he walks up to us.

"That you guys are dating." Jennie informs him with a smirk.

"Ohh." Ken gets a coughing fit as he smiles at Jennie and Leo.

"Okay. That really shows that there is potential." Leo says with a weird undertone to his voice. He sounds a little hurt.

Before anyone responds, the bells rings, informing us that it is time for us to get into the church for the Bible class.

The 9th grade to 12th grade students rush in as Ken and Leo walk away together. Leo looks back at us for a second, his eyes fixed on me as he walks away.

We enter and I find Mina. We head towards her and sit together for the class.

Jennie and Mina really hit it off with each other and we have fun through out the day.

Even through the joyous time, my thoughts keep going back to Leo and the kiss.

Why can't I get a chance to talk about it with him? Maybe that could help me clear my mind.

Heya babies!! Triple update!!

I hope you're having fun. Tell me your guesses about Leo's secret. The crazier, the better.

Tell me your thoughts in the comments and vote for this chapter if you like it.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.