Chapter thirty eight

Play the song, babies!

A month has passed since our 'Heathers' moment and we have talked a lot since then but not about what was said that night.

"Y/N, are you sure you have all the props?" Jennie calls out from the room.

"Yep. I counted them. Seventeen of everything. Let's take them to the bus!" I say as she calls out and helps me carry the props over to the school bus with Lisa.

The dancers all get into the bright yellow bus with the singers and the teachers begin counting.

I sit down next to Jennie in one of the front seats and look straight ahead to see Leo smile and wave at me from the back of the bus in front of us. I smile, wave at him and notify Jennie of him.

We talk through the first hour of the trip with our teammates and sleep through the rest.

The early yellow-orange sky turns bright blue by the time we reach the venue. My watch shows two o'clock when we enter the hotel.

After unpacking, we get called down for snacks and tea. The students crowd around the giant stage with the banner saying 'National High School Championship'.

I smile as I walk through the corridors with Jennie and we head to our rooms after we discover a part of the hotel.

"Y/N, can I talk with you for a second?" A voice speaks behind us as we walk towards our room.

We turn around to see a blushing Leo stand a few feet away. Jennie smirks at me before heading inside.

"I stop the camboy thing .... completely." He says as he holds my hand. I look around to check for any teachers before smiling.

"That's great!" I say as I resist my urge to hug him.

"And ... I'll meet with counsellor next week when we get back to school." He adds, his hand squeezes mine.

"Really? That's awesome." I exclaim. "All the best for your story writing competition!"

"Thanks! You too, with the dance!" He says. "I should head to my room now."

With that we part and I enter my room.

"Love birds!" Jennie shouts as soon as I enter. I feel my cheeks grow hot as she jumps around, batting her eyelashes.

"You're not even denying it anymore!" She says.

"What's the point? You will not stop it." I argue as I fall onto the bed and she lays down next to me.

"True!" She says, as she turns to me. "I miss Mina already." She kicks her feet.

"Aweee, my girl misses her girlfriend!" I say and pinch her cheeks.

"I do. I miss her so much." She admits. We lay there, talking more about everything under the sun.

At night, we head down for dinner and I sit down next to Jennie, my hands empty again.

"Please eat something." Jennie begs again.

"Oh she is going to eat." Leo says as he puts a plate with food in front me. "We will make her eat!"

With that they start to try to talk me into eating half the food on the plate.

We laugh and talk as the moon shines bright outside the glass floor to ceiling window.

Okay, I think the next chapter might be the last. I thought I would need more time to tie the ends but one more chapter is enough.

So, thank you for reading this story! I really appreciate your love and support through it.

Please check out my other works if you liked this story.

I love you guys!

Tell me your thoughts about the story in the comments and vote for this chapter if you like it.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.