Chapter eighteen

Play the song, babies!

As we exit the church after the service, I feel the adults staring at Mina. I hold her hands tightly.

"They seem jealous of your courage." I say into her ears as she looks down. She smiles as she squeezes my hand.

"You're the best!" She whispers back.

"No. You are! Nope. No circling. You are." I say as I hug her. "See you on Wednesday for the Bible class!" I say as we head to our families.

"So Mina was the kid who coloured her hair?" Dad asks as we walk to the gate, a little judgmental.

"How could her parents let her?" Mom exclaims as Leo's parents head to us. I look frantically for Leo though he is nowhere to be seen.

"Colouring her hair isn't bad! She can do what she wants." I say under my breath as the couple join us.

"Hello Y/N! You are looking for Leo, no?" His mom asks me as we walk out of the church.

"He is feeling a little under the weather so he is sleeping at home." She explains.

"Ohh okay! Hope he gets well soon!" I say as I walk silently with all of them.

We head to our house. I have my breakfast and drop off my bag before heading over to Jennie's house at 11:00.

I knock and stand outside, waiting for her. Soon she comes running go and hugs me. We go in and I say hello to her parents before we head upstairs.

We sit in her bed and play board games as we talk about everything under the sun.

"Ohh before I forget, we have this Bible class on Wednesday at church from 9:00 to 4:00. I know your family is atheist but .... you do like reading the Bible .. so I thought it could be fun for you to come. Do you want to?" I ask her as we sit around the scrabbles board.

"Ohh yes! It'll be fun." Jennie exclaims as she places her word. "Oh yeah, Wednesday is a public holiday! That's why it's then!" She adds on.

"Yep." I nod and place my word. "You're so ahead in the game! Aghh! How are you so good?" I say as I pout.

Jennie smiles as she winks at me. "Ohh dude, any idea what is going on with Leo?" She asks as she puts the last word.

"I really don't." Should I tell her about the kiss? No, no. It will become more complicated. "He is really distancing everyone."

"He is really tanking at school that means huge trouble. I really wish we could help him." Jennie says as I add up the scores.

"You win! Again!" I say as I smile at her. "The tanking is really worrying. Leo usually loves studying so much." I state with a sigh.

"Yeah exactly!" She leans back and lays down on her bed. I pack up the game and put the box away as we sit in silence.

We talk some more and then I head home at 1:00 and get back to studying for the test.

Double update!!!!

I think I probably gonna write more chapters today cause .... I am probably addicted to it.

Anyway, what's your favourite hobby?

Tell me your thoughts in the comments and vote for this chapter if you like it.

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.