Part 37

~~Patton~~

"Patton wait."

I turn to face him in confusion and he lets go of my hand.

"I want to tell you something." I stay silent but I give him a small nod for him to continue.

"As you know, I'm not someone who focuses on emotions but..." He struggles with his words and pauses.

Is he...

No.....

"I used to think that emotions were unnecessary and ridiculous but ever since I met you my life has taken a turn for the better." I still don't speak and I wait for his point.

Am I dreaming?

Would it be weird if I pinched myself to see if this is real?

"My point is, I recently discovered that I am having romantic feelings towards you. I'm not sure if you share these feelings but according to the internet it is better to tell you about them." He rubs his neck nervously and avoids eye contact.

I really want to pinch myself right now...

Is this real?

Does Logan actually like me back?!?

Why would he like me!?!

Is this all just a prank???

"Patton? Are you alright?" I reach my arm up to my other arm and pinch myself.

Owwww...

That hurt.

Wait.

That means I'm not dreaming...

I turn my attention back to Logan.

"I should really get home..." I can hear the obvious sadness in his voice and he takes a deep breath.

"Logan?" He looks up and right back at me.

"Can I kiss you?" He looks taken aback and his eyes widen but he nods after a split second of thought.

I step forward towards him so there is barely any space between us. He places his arms on my waist gently as I wrap my arms around his neck and lean in closer. I can feel his smile on his lips before he closes the barely existent gap and locks our lips together.

He leans down to lessen the height difference and I get on my toes a little. His grip gets tighter around my waist and he pulls he closer if somehow possible.

I never want this moment to end...

Can I stay I like this forever?

I want to be just like this for the rest of my life.

Right now.

With Logan.

Logan is who I want to be with.

I never want to let him go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks later...

~~Virgil~~

I walk through the office doors and straight towards Logan's office.

I want to ask him when I start my new job since my training finished yesterday.

I double check that he's in there by looking through his window before knocking.

"Come in." He looks away from his computer and over to me while I close the door behind me.

"I assume that you're here to ask when you start and the answer is today. Your desk is where you've been training all week and ask Sonia if you have any problems." I nod but tilt my head in confusion after think about his statement.

"Sonia? Can't I just ask you?" He shakes his head and speaks.

"I'm afraid not. You're my closest friend Virgil and I know that you'll do very well in your new position but I won't be here to help you." He takes a deep breath and begins to picks up his phone. After a few seconds of his scrolling though it, he holds it up to his ear.

I can hear a faint feminine voice from the opposite end of the line.

"Hello Logan, may I ask why you're calling?"

Logan looks me if the eye and takes another deep breath.

"I quit." I stare at him with my mouth agape and he smirks slightly.

"WHAT?!?!"

"I resign, I'll be gone by the end of the day." I can see him hold back a laugh when nothing but panicked yells come from his phone. He smiles and hangs up.

"They are not happy with me." He puts the phone back in his pocket and I let out a breath of laughter.

"This place is gonna crumble without you." He smiles wider and stands up from his chair.

"I hope not, but thank you for your kind words." He reaches for his computer Bach and starts packing his stuff away. At this point some other of my co-workers have noticed and are peeking in through the window.

He finishes collecting his things after a few minute and gives me a smile that says everything that needed to be said.

"I'll miss you being here, I promise everyone is gonna hate the replacement. Also I won't stop giving you all of the gossip on everyone here." He chuckles bad walks towards his office door.

"Thanks." He opens the door and faces everyone in the office who were peeking through the window.

"As of today, I will no longer be working here. I quit and I hope that my replacement will treat all of you well." There was very loud objections and a few 'hell no, I'm quitting's.

"Goodbye." He passes through them and they all call after him with goodbyes.

I watch as he walks through out the door.

Finally.

He was always too good for this place.

:)

Hope you liked that and sorry about the cliffhanger.

There will probably be one more chapter after this to finish off.

Thanks for reading!
-Alex