Part 29

~~Logan~~

I don't know why I keep trying to lie to myself...

It feels weird now that it's out in the open.

I hate my job?

I hate my job.

I walk into the door of my home office and look around the room.

Nothing in here brings me joy.

Just focus on the current issue for now.

I walk over to my desk and turn on the computer.

Another night of work...

Might as well make a pot of coffee.

~~Virgil~~

"Wait so you did what?" Patton looks at me with a shy look.

"I asked him if he hated his job..." He twiddles his thumbs nervously.

"And....?" Roman joins the conversation and sits on the armchair across from us.

"He said yes... That he hated it all."

"He needs to quit, I'm sick of seeing someone like him miserable and stuck in a dead end job." I decide and sit up straighter.

"It's not like we can force him though, at the end of the day it's his life and we have to be supportive." Roman tells us.

"Ugh I hate friendship, especially when you're right about it." I put my head in my hands and sigh.

"We also need to find Pat a new apartment, his landlord doesn't let him have pets or visitors late in the day." I nod in agreement to Roman's statement.

"Wha- I don't need a new apartment! My landlord is just fine." Patton raises his arms slightly in defence and Roman looks at him with an unconvinced expression.

"So you're fine with never being allowed to get a pet?" Roman asks and Patton stays silent for a moment.

".........."

"Fine! I want a pet, but I've checked and there aren't many good options out there."

"What about Roman and I help you look?" I suggest and Roman nods.

"I can't ask you to do that!"

"Come on Pat, we know how much you want a pet."

After a bit more of a discussion Patton finally caves and lets us help him find an apartment.

"Fine, but when we do find an apartment for me I'm throwing a pizza party and you have to come." Patton declares and I let out a chuckle.

"Of course Pat, we'll come to your party." I say and Roman nods in agreement.

"Yay!" Patton exclaims and glances at his watch.

"Jeepers it's late, I better get going if I want to make it to work on time tomorrow." Patton made his way to the door and waves at us.

"See ya guys!" He smiled happily as he left and closes the door behind him, leaving just the two of us.

"I should get going too, I have the morning shift tomorrow and my boss be will pissed if I show up late again." He gets out of his chair and heads to the door.

"See you soon my chemically imbalanced romance!" He declares as dramatically as possible with an arm outstretched towards me.

"You're a dork, you know that?" I smirk and give him a quick peck on the lips.

"Farewell my love!" He closes the door behind him and I can't help but snicker at his behavior.

He's amazing.

~Timeskip~

~~Roman~~

I scroll through my phone at the counter since all the customers have their drinks.

I look for anything that calls for an actor.

After about ten minutes of searching I see something that catches my attention.

It's a post for the local theatre.

They're putting on a showcase of West Side Story and paying the actors!

Auditions are next week...

Perform a song that doesn't go past four minutes...

Know which role you would like to audition for...

I read quickly over the rest of the details and smiled giddily to myself.

I can't wait!

I'll need to choose the perfect song to audition with though...

I'm obviously auditioning for Tony since he's the lead. Also dying on stage was something I always loved to do in highschool and I would love to do again.

What if I became a famous actor?

With mansions, fast sports cars, lots of money and the perfect husband. My mind lands on Virgil and I feel my face go bright red at the thought of marrying him.

Why is he so cute?

Snap out of it Roman, you need to decide on a song.

I think for a minute or two before deciding to just leave it and think of something later.

I hear the bell above the door go off and I see Virgil walk in.

"Hey princey." He comes up to the counter and winks at me, making me go slightly pink.

"Hello my dark chocolate chip muffin." I wink back at him and he looks at me with a confused expression.

"What the hell was that nickname?" He asks and I laugh a little.

"It was a clever point about how just because you are wonderful to someone with a certain taste doesn't make you any less wonderful." I pull his hand to be in mine as I talk. He goes bright pink and retracts his hand.

"I have a reputation to maintain." He says while very flustered.

"And I have an adorable boyfriend." I kiss him on the cheek from across the counter that leaves him with a small smile on his face.

"Anyway, I should get your drink order now. Your boss will be mad at me for stealing you for so long." He smirks and pulls out a yellow sticky note from his back pocket.

"One iced tea, one regular tea, one cappuccino and as always, one black coffee." Virgil slips the paper back into his pocket as I finish taking down the order.

"Coming right up my good sir." I turn around and after a short while I have all of his drinks sitting on the counter.

"Thanks princey." He picks up the drinks and waves at me as he walks out of the coffee shop.

He's so perfect.

Everything is great.

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

I finally know how I'm going to end this book and some future events!

This was a little bit of a mess of a chapter but I hope it was okay.

Please vote and comment because I'm always 100% open to constructive criticism and hearing what you guys think!

Thanks so much for reading!

I ALMOST FORGOT TO ADD...

TWO THOUSAND READS?!?!?!

THAT'S SO AMAZING!!!!!

AHHHHHHHH

(oh am I talking too loud? Sometimes I get overexcited, shoot off at the mouth.)

Seriously thank you guys, you're the best!

-Alex