Part 33

~The next day~

~~Patton~~

Is I'm humming along to the tune of SpongeBob SquarePants, my phone buzzes. I grab the remote to pause the TV so I don't miss anything.

I look down at the notification and see a text from Logan. I can feel the smile spread across my face as I open messages.

Logan: I contacted my friend and I can arrange for you to have a look at the apartment tomorrow if you're free.

Patton: That's perfect! Thank you so much!!

Logan: You're welcome, the address is No.4 Charles Street. Can you come at 3:30pm?

Patton: I'll see you there! 😁😃😀

Logan: Goodbye.

Patton: Bye Logie!

I know that I'm grinning wildly as I put my phone back in my pocket.

I should really get this crush under control...

Just as I reach for the remote to play the TV again, my phone goes off again. I pull my phone out of my pocket and see a text from Emile.

Emile: Hey Pat, can you cover lunch duty for me on Monday? I'm gonna be busy all weekend so I might have to finish correcting some tests while the kids are gone 😅

Patton: Of course! You can always count on me!

Emile: You're a lifesaver! I'm having a barbecue at 6 on Sunday, do you wanna come?

Patton: Definitely! It sounds fun 😄

Emile: Great! I'll see you there!

I take a deep breath and decide to type what I'm thinking.

Patton: What should I do if I like someone?

I could have phrased that better...

I stare at the three dots in anticipation and bite my lip nervously.

Emile: Do you like someone?!

Patton: Maybe...

Emile: Tell them! You're amazing and if they say no then they're crazy and I'll have to deal with them

I can't help myself from letting out a large laugh at the text.

Emile: I'll get Remy, Virgil and Roman to help me too

I laugh again at the text before texting back.

Patton: It's ok you don't have to do that 😂 I just thought that you might have some advice.

Emile: Just be yourself! You're great and if they don't see that they don't deserve you anyway. You can wait for them to ask you out first if you want to be absolutely sure.

Patton: I'll figure something out.

Emile: OMG WHO DO YOU LIKE YOU HAVE TO TELL ME SIS!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah it's remy btw

I start to yet laugh again at the texts, Remy must have stolen Emile's phone.

(This was the moment when the writer made a huge mistake and somehow forgot that Logan was supposed to be Remy's brother. I am extremely sorry about that and it might confuse things a lot. Basically this is kind of a new character and this Remy is not related to Logan... Sorry).

Patton: Hi Remy! Did you take Em's phone?

Emile: i might have... ANYWAY DONT MIND THAT WHO DO YOU LIKE!?!?!? JUST TELL ME THEIR NAME AND I CAN TRACK THEM DOWN!!!! WHATS THEIR NAME???? I NEED TO SEE IF THEY DESERVE YOU!

Maybe the people in life are a bit too protective of me.....

Patton: If I tell you then you need to promise not to track him down!

Emile: IT'S A HIM! I CALLED IT!!! you might have to tell me fast because emmy is trying to get his phone back and I promise not to track him down

I let out an amused breath at the chaos that is probably happening on the other side of the phone.

Emile: can i track them down a little? just their job and social media!

Patton: He doesn't have social media, so you might have a hard time doing that.

Emile: you like someone that doesn't have insta? what do you see in him? but that wont stop me from finding him

Patton: He's great! He's smart, kind and really handsome.

Emile: ok but can I have a name plssssss!!!!!!

Patton: Fine, his name is Logan.

Emile: THATS ALL I NEED! I LOVE YOU SWEETIE ILL SEE YOU SUNDAY!!

Emile: It's Emile again, I'm sorry about him. You can invite Logan to the barbecue if you want but Remy might tear him apart so be warned

Patton: It's fine, Remy was just being Remy. I might take you up on inviting Logan though, I'll ask him tomorrow and text you with his answer.

Emile: Perfect! I'll see you Sunday Pat

Patton: See ya there Em!

I can't get over how fun it is to write Remy.

I hope you enjoyed!
-Alex 👋