Part 31

~~Patton~~

We finally arrive at our destination and I look at all the cheetahs.

"Look at all the kittens!" I feel my heart melt at all of the adorable cheetahs running around together.

"They are rather interesting creatures." Logan leaned in a bit closer to the fence to get a better look.

"We need to take a photo!" I squeal and fumble to get my phone out of my pocket.

"Alright, will I take a photo of you?" Logan leans back away from the fence and faces me.

"Nope. Selfie!" I open camera on my phone and wrap my left arm around Logan's neck to fit him and the cheetahs in the photo.

"Say cheese!" I grin as brightly as possible and Logan smirks slightly. I click the photo button and detach myself from Logan to see how it turned out.

"It looks great!" I look down at the photo and smile.

"Is there anything we should see?" He asks so I open my map.

We're at the cheetahs so.....

The rhinos and over there...

The monkeys are near that.....

Suddenly I see it.

"Can we go see the butterflies?!" I show him the map and point to the small building right by the cheetahs.

"That sounds very enjoyable." He smiles and I point in the direction the map says it is.

"It's that way!" I grab him by the hand and lead in the way of the butterflies.

We walk for a minute and our hands are still together.

Be calm about this Patton...

HOW CAN I BE CALM WHEN WE'RE HOLDING HANDS?!

Does he know that we're still holding hands?

Does he know and accepts it?

Has he not noticed?

Am I weird for noticing it?

Should I release his hand?

By the time I stop thing about it we're in front of the butterfly house. We walk in and it's all so amazing. It's much warmer in here since most of the butterflies are tropical. Also there are magnificent plants and colours all around. There are glass displays too for the other animals. There are even some butterflies flying around in the open!

This is my new happy place...

"Look there's the cocoons!" I nudge Logan to look at the glass sectioning off a part of the wall filled with a few rows of cocoons.

"Woah..." I stare at the amazing examples of life...

"That is nice to look at." He comments and stared intently through the glass. I turn around to face him and I can't help but snort in laughter at what I see.

"What's so funny?" He ask and I laugh again.

"There's a butterfly on your head." I let out another loud laugh and he looks at me in confusion. I look at the small-ish yellow and black butterfly that landed on him.

(Fun fact: This actually happened to somebody I know while we were at the zoo).

"What do yo-"

"Stay still I have to get a picture!" He exhales loudly but does as I say as I pull out my phone and snap a photo.

"Good." He motions his head gently to the side, to not panic the butterfly, but to get it off of his head.

"That was hilarious." I giggle and small smile creeps its way onto his face.

~~Timeskip~~

~~Logan~~

I park by Patton's building and we both get out, I walk him over to his building and I can't help but smile.

"I had a wonderful time today Patton." I say in full honesty and he gleams at me.

"So did I."

"I really should get going now, I hope we can do this again sometime." I'm about to turn and walk to my car when he hugs me.

"Bye Lo!" I gladly return the hug and then we separate. I smile at him one last time before walking off in the opposite direction to my car.

I get in my car and pull out from the parking lot.

It's a little too quiet...

I scroll through the music history in my car and select the song that Patton played.

After listening to it for a minute I decide to turn it off again.

It's a nice song but.....

I prefer when Patton sings it.

The rest of the car journey is as usual and I pull into my driveway. I make sure to lock my car and I walk towards my door. I pull out my keys from my back pocket and unlock the door.

I toss my keys into the bowl and close the door behind me.

I don't have any work to do tonight so I guess I'll just read and order something to eat.

I practically collapse onto the couch and grab my book front the coffee table. I push up my glasses and open it where I had left off.

Chapter 23 - Love

I read for about twenty minutes before it hits me...

Oh no.

Cliffhanger :)

I'm not as proud of this chapter since it's kinda short and there's a few other things that I don't love about it.

Also I have a question,

I have an idea for another book about Sanders sides and I was going to wait until I finished this one but should I just start writing a new book while I'm writing this book?

It might help me get more motivation for this book and I am looking forward to writing my new book but I don't know if I should just wait for this to finish or not.

I probably will end up writing the new one soon but I wanted to know if any of you have any thoughts.

^ Sorry if that didn't make any sense ^

Thanks for reading!
Please vote and/ or comment because it makes me so happy to see people interested in the story :)

-Alex