1

Eliana Winter's POV

I woke up with a start glancing around to see clock reading 15 past 7, on the first instict I threw blankets off me and stripped my clothes in bathroom keeping on a table outside bathroom because I have a small bathroom and making a mental note to do the laundry as tomorrow is my weekoff, my shift starts at 9am   and I do my shifts (to pay my bills off and for extra saving till ) late because Mrs. Jones offer extra pay fir extra hours so my shift ends at 9pm and I usually wake up early to make sure I ate something before leaving to work so I should not be weak because last time I skipped my breakfast I nearly stumbled on a old man who threw me a bad look as if saying I am stupid enough not to walk properly and to add toppings to that situation I was wearing my worn out heels and he must've thought if I couldn't walk in heels why to wear them because well that makes me feel confident but he need not know the reason.

I quickly got out of shower and wore a blue skinny jeans pairing with blue tank top. Without makeup I left my bedroom and went to kitchen as I cannot afford to buy expensive makeup and the ones I have is although cheap but doesn't look like it plus my favourite makeup brand is Kylie Jenner's makeup kits. I quickly went to kitchen and made scrambled eggs and hot chocolate. l love hot chocolate and chocolates and dipping dots and Nutella..ughh in short I love everything in chocolates. I do not have a phone cause I never thought I would need one. After my mom abandoned me I think there is no one to call me on this damn earth plus I've never had friends like people do. They all think the same way my mom thinks that I'm ungrateful and trash and etc etc. I dont even think I'm beautiful and I'm not, I've got have big hazel eyes my dad had and round face with milk like creamy skin that's a plus but I'm not beautiful like other girls are and I'm jealous of them.

I ate my breakfast daily with all this thoughts about myself, wearing my same heels of bright red color that's my favourite colour I wore daily I got ready taking my purse with me for keeping keys, wallet and my red lipstick which is my favourite one. While locking my apartment I checked the clock read 8:30am, ill be early today but never mind ill help them in kitchen and with that thought I left the house. I started walking down the street to the small Jamie's diner. I work at diner which is owned by Mrs. Jones, I couldn't afford the car but I'm saving for it after paying rent and my other bills I have barely some savings left in my bank account.

While I was walking I watched a beautiful black sleek car and my favourite Mercedes passing by and slowed down and stopped near me, I was scared out of mind I'm always scared of strangers. And it says stranger danger so I started walking fast on first instinct but I could catch a glimpse of a ravishing handsome man with chiseled jaw his brown hairs everywhere and his few buttons undone of the white shirt, maybe he's been kissing a model like girl for a while like his life depended on it even when driving a car, for some reason my heart skipped a beat something tugged the insides of my chest may be im hallucinating and it's because he's seemed hot as fuck and I am attracted to opposite gender, chuckling on myself and ignoring about my heart beating so fast I reached my workplace I've come to love, I entered the diner and smell of sandwiches with chocolate and coffee hits my nose and I loved sandwiches.

hehe I would always remind y'all what I love.

I went to kitchen took out my apron and pinned the label of my name on it, on the top my breast pocket while tying the apron I went out and started with work of serving to table number two, there was an older couple smiling lovingly at each other I went at table they were sitting "Here is your order sir-mam" i said, they smiled warmly at me saying their thankyou and I came back with to kitchen with tray. I caught a glimpse of the owner of the diner Mrs. Jones she was quite a loving lady she was like a mother to me and this thought made my chest tighten my eyes started to pool with tears but I blinked them away and started walking forward where Mrs.Katy Jones was ordering everyone the orders of customers.

"Morning Mrs. Jones" I said in happy tone being actually happy to meet her.

"Oh honey, Morning and look how beautiful you are looking today"
She gave me this compliment daily, but I brushed it off. I knew i wasn't beautiful but she telling me made me to think about it again.

"Thankyou mam" I smiled politely at her.

"No, no dear call me Katy, you know how many times do I remind you of it" narrowing her eyes slightly but still smiling lovingly at me.

"Sure Mrs....umm... Katy" no matter how many times she reminds of that I couldn't bring myself to call her Katy maybe because she was my boss and owner of the diner.

She smiled warmly "I'll see you later child you can come in my office if you need anything."

"Sure Mrs.Jo... umm..... Katy" i said smiling shyly looking down at my feet.
And with a smile she started walking away. I turned around greeting everyone in kitchen good morning. My name was being called by one personI who was searching the minute I entered the diner. She is also my first ever bestfriend I made at this diner, she is Felicity James.

"Morning El El" she said hugging me tightly like I would disappear.

"Morning FeFe" i said hugging her back inhaling her perfume, its funny how we have kept our nicknames for each other.

"Let's get to work babe"

"Yeah missy you are late" I said pointing my right hand index finger at her with amused yet serious face with left hand at my hip.

"Yeah yeah mom I was stuck in traffic" she said playfully pointing finger at me and stuck her tongue out at me like a 5 year old and I shook my head chuckling at her behaviour.

She held my arm linked with hers and started walking out of kitchen when there was a sound of ding signaling more customers have entered. This place had a homey feeling with the way with was being decorated and fresh flowers around the diner so it was normal that this was a busy place and also it made it more busier when it is near the park when people came with their kids to have breakfast, lunch or dinner.

It was not even noon and I was already tired by serving nonstop. My legs were burning with heels. Even when I wear them daily I still haven't got used to the pointed heels, damn these heels but I still love them, I couldn't afford many pairs of heels so every month with my little savings. It takes me three months to save up and go buy something I need. I avoid the topic of buying me accessories like plague it's not like anyone would like to take me on date or something so why waste money when you can save it.

It was 3 pm right now and the customers have slowed down coming. Usually at this time if the day there were less customers and Iwas glad to get some rest to my throbbing legs. There were 6 people who worked in kitchen but hiring was still going on due to more customers and less people and 5 girls and a boy who served like me to save up for his college and working as part time. I talked too him once and he is pretty cool to talk to but usually we are busy so we cannot talk more but morning and leaving pleasantries were what we shared and he was a kid in high school and like a brother to me very funny and cool person to talk to. I've talked to everyone here at diner with friendly nature I'm and Alissa is one of the coolest person and a waitress here too while other girls are busy but they do smile once in a while when they pass by. I was sitting on a stool when felicity came and sat at stool beside me.

Dang, I was sleepy.

-----------------------------------------------

This is my first book and it is also not edited so please excuse my mistakes.

xoxo