Connor // DBH

[] Mine []

this chapter was requested by rockstar_boii thank you for requesting him. :)
---------------------------------------------------------

"I don't understand."

"The concept or the application?"

Slight turn of the head, and a pair of inquisitive brown eyes were staring at you intently, "Both."

You suppressed a chuckle, giving Connor an indulgent smile. "Hank owns Sumo. He loves him, takes care of him, and they share a deep bond. That means Hank is the owner and Sumo is his dog."

"Can Sumo be mine as well?" he questioned seriously, lips pursed thoughtfully.

You snorted grinning at him. Deviant Connor was so different. Even months later, he still found hundreds of different things he needed to be explained. Basic, mundane things that most people simply knew. It saddened you because you knew that the gap of knowledge didn't come from the lack of humanity-quite the opposite, in fact-but rather from the lack of free will.

"How would I show it?"

Blinking unsurely, you frowned slightly, "What do you mean?"

His head tilted, his indicator a lazy circle of blue that was starting to flicker.

"That something belongs to me?" he asked softly, eyes crinkling at the edges as he tried to smile. It was still a little awkward around the corners, but nevertheless heartwarming with its genuinity.

"Well, like I said earlier: you would love it and take care of it," you repeated patiently. "Like your clothes, for example. You bought them, and now they're yours so you take care of them. Or you could just come out and say it," you added, turning back to your laptop.

There was a long stretch of silence, and you almost jumped when you turned around to check on him, only to find his face centimeters away from yours.

He leaned down suddenly, his lips-soft and hesitant-as he brushed them gingerly against yours. He lingered there, shivering slightly, before slowly pulling back. His indicator was now flaming red, and you gaped at him as he stared at you with dark eyes.

"Mine." he said firmly but gently too, "Is that okay?"

You could feel heat crawling up your neck at his proximity, your noses almost touching, "Y-Yeah, sure."

His answering smile was as bright as the sun, and so full of happiness it stole your breath away.

"Good."