Chapter 6- Getting to know my mother

I finally got out of writers block!

_______________________

Chapter 6-

She was here. My mother. The woman who gave birth to me. What did she look like? Would she like me? I hope I don't disappoint her. Oh my gosh he's opening the door. She's walking in. Wow! She's pretty! The woman standing in front of me was average height, skinny, with long curly brown hair, and she was just so pretty! I can't possibly be her daughter! I'm so plain and she's plain beautiful!

"Hi Liam." She says, her smile spreading. She had a gorgeous smile too. Mine looked like the creeper, stalker, cheshire cat.

"Danielle." His smile mirrors hers. They were genuinely happy to be next to each other.

"It's been so long........" Danielle trails.

"You haven't changed a bit!" Liam compliments.

"I hope that's a good thing!" She jokes, them both laughing.

"Hi!" Emily bursts in snootily sticking he obvious nose job in between them.

"Oh.....um, hi, Emily is it?" Danielle asks. You can feel the awkward.

"Yeah! Liam's wife." She says it like it's the biggest achievement ever. Like she's showing off an olympic medal.

"Oh." You can see the hurt and sadness in Danielle's eyes and body language. "I'm Aileen's mother. Liam's former girlfriend." She quickly covers up adding Liam's former girlfriend at the end.

"Right. The bi-" Emily begins but stops herself, "Beautiful women LiLi talks about so often."

"Right. LiLi." She says.

"Dani! Em! Two of my favorite girls in the same room! Remember what you came here for?" Liam says stepping in.

"Right. Down to business. Where's Aileen?" Danielle asks, her eyes sort of sparkling. My heart skips a beat, in recognition that this lady is my mother, and she is talking about me. Liam opens his mouth to speak but is cut off by Emily.

"Ailee! she's right here! Right sweetie?" Emily says grabbing me suddenly and pinching my cheek. Get off lady! I don't like you! I don't know you! I think. She was obviously doing it just to make Danielle jealous or angry. I mean, when has she called me Ailee? I just met this person!

"That's my baby?!?!" She exclaims with so much joy in her face, I thought she was going to jump in the air and start dancing.

"That's her." Liam tells.

"She's so......beautiful and perfect and..." Danielle starts to cry happily and takes me out of Emily's arms. Thank god! She begins hugging me and I don't hesitate to hug back. I was hugging my mother! I could have never dreamed of this a year, or even a week ago! I'm so happy I start to cry!

"You're making the child cry!" Emily says pulling me back.

"Stop touching me!" I scream at her. It surprises me, the force in my voice. I freeze and Emily releases me. "I'm sorry! That was really mean and forceful!" I apologize.

"Just......whatever." She snorts grabbing Nalise and picking her up.

"Aileen." Danielle smile at me. I smile back. "Aileen Marisa Payne." She says. "I finally get to meet you."

"I'm just as happy about meeting you. I've been dreaming about this since I was four." I tell her. After I turned 5, I stopped though. Mark and Josephine had sucked the hope out of me. Liam has started injecting it back in.

"I can't believe it. I don't know what to say." She admits. I don't either. It's just a silence full of words. Until Emily clears her throat.

"I was just about to take her clothes shopping." She tells.