Chapter 18- Welcome Back

This could be somewhat violent idk it might not be to you but I found it violent to me.

-

Chapter 18-

It's cold and it's dark and it's scary. The walls of cinder are moist and the ground is plain hard and cold. It's just like the street, so I should be used to it, but for the past few weeks I'd been sleeping in a luxury bed. This would take a bit of getting used to. If I was here long enough. I could die any second. I'm right where I was when I was 7. Except, I'm even more trapped than before. Now I lay in the chilling rock basement with hardly a strand of light coming in. I've never been so scared in my life.

After Josephine and Mark had found me they threw me into the back of their van with utility tools I know neither of them ever use for their purpose. They then told me of their troubles finding me before throwing me in the basement with promises of further punishment later. Now I curl up, waiting. I can feel my anxiety coming back. It started when I was 4 and able to tell when certain things were coming. I would let the nervousness build up and up until I was shaking and threw up. Then they would find the puke and say if I could waste the little food they had given me then I can go another day or two without it. Now every memory is coming back like some big nightmare. I scream slightly when I feel fur on my fingers. Rats. Suddenly, the floor doesn't seem as safe. Not that it was before. I sit on the steps and hope rats can't climb. I hear the door creak and rapidly turn around.

"Get down!" Josephine shrieks. She holds a belt in hand and delivers the first blow. It whacks me straight across the face, blinding me in one eye. I stumble backwards, trip over something, and land on the ground. My tailbone makes contact with the ground and I yelp in pain.

"Did that hurt?" Josephine smirks. I still can slightly see her, "Why don't you talk back to me my dear?" She asks. I don't answer, "I asked you a question!" The next hit comes slicing across my chest. Not just once, but repeatedly.

"I'm sorry!" I whisper.

"I can't hear you!" She yells hitting me across the face.

"I'm sorry!" I screech as loud as I can.

"Right. Are you hurt enough?" She asks pulling me up by my hair, "Because this is only the warm up." Still holding my hair, she shoves me so that I fall onto a water heater. I scream in agony as my arm sears with pain.

"Water heaters burn little Aileen." Josephine tells, "Mark!" She calls then hurries up the stairs to lock the door. I pull my arm from the heater and hold it, leaning against the wall to support myself. I clutch my arm to my stomach and squeeze my eyes shut hoping to wake up. The door banging open makes me stop.

"Where are you ya little brat?" Mark hisses. I hold my breath and slide to the ground crawling into the shadows. I pray he won't find me.

"Come out come out wherever you are. Don't you want to play?" He asks. I squeeze my tiny self behind something near an electrical outlet that is sparking. I avoid it as much as I can. Holding my breath more, I try to feel invisible as Mark passes by where I am.

"Where could she be?" He questions before poking his head behind into my hiding spot causing me to scream, "Here she is!" He tugs at my burnt arm causing more pain and then drop me backwards onto the sparking outlet. White hot electricity makes contact with my skin and surges all through it. I can't hold in my screams.

"Don't you dare scream or I'll carve a pretty pattern in your neck. I don't value your life and I'd kill you if it came to it. If the neighbors hear you die. You hear me?" He growls at me. I gulp and nod, "I think you've forgotten what real pain feels like being away so long. Let's investigate." He says pulling me out and banging my already sore head on a pole. He throws me on the ground and kicks me for no apparent reason. Then he goes up the stairs and collects something. It's a bag. My bag.

"Let's see what's in Ailee waylee's backpack." Mark says. He unzips it and starts going through my things, "Useless, pointless, stupid, do you have anything good in here?" He asks, "This might work." He says taking money out of the bag, "I can put this to good use. Where do you get so much money?"

"My parents." I squeak.

"Oh? So you stole them from your parents?" He asks. I nod, "Well, that means you found out who they are. Still think you're unwanted?"

"Yes." I nod.

"Exactly. No one wants a thing like you. A nothing." He spits digging more through my bag, "A razor? I can have some fun with this." He examines the razor closely before bringing it to my face. I hold my breath.

"This could do a lot of damage on your pretty little face, isn't that right?" He asks sharply gliding it down my face. I can feel the blood seeping out of the new wound. My teeth are clenched tight.

"Have you gotten tougher? Well that's absolutely not acceptable." He shakes his head, "Give me your arm." He instructs, "Now!" I pull my arm up and hand it to him.

"Wrong arm!" He yells slapping me across the face, making the blood go all over my face. He yanks up my other one, "Wouldn't you say your scar is fading? Time to fix that." He smirks throwing the razor at me. I fail at dodging it and it cuts my shoulder before falling to the ground. Then Mark pulls a knife from his pocket and puts the side of the blade on my arm before picking it up and placing the point on the base of the N. I push my teeth harder against each other and squeeze my eyes so tight I feel my eye lids might rip.

"Remember, no screaming." He says. That's when the point digs I to my skin. I completely forget what he said before and scream. He clamps his hand over my mouth and shoves my neck hard so the noise stops and continues his process. When he finishes he repeats it over and over and over and every time I try to scream he roughly shoves my throat. When he traces the word over the 6th time he pulls out a rope and handcuffs. He handcuffs my hands to a pole in the basement and puts the rope tied around my mouth and neck.

"It's been nice to see you again. Dinner is never." He says laughing and going up the steps. Even after he's left the blood is still flowing like a river from my arm. I pull my arm closer to myself and try to stop it. I wish I would've stayed on the streets running before I met Liam.