Chapter 8- New Girl

Ok these chapters are gonna be short but I have part of chapter 9 I'm working on!

-

Chapter 8-

I jump in and look around excitedly. The others give me weird looks as I bounce up and down.

"Mom do I have to sit next to her?" Tara asks.

"Yes. Don't say anything else about it." Emily says through pursed lips. I try to not take it so hard and stop bouncing, keeping my enthusiasm in. Emily drives far up to a large school building.

"Aileen you need to go to the main office to get your schedule. Tara can probably show you." Emily says. Tara glares at me. The car stops behind a line of other cars. Tara gets out of the car and starts walking I get out of the car to go follow her.

"Tara wait up!" I tell her going to catch up. She stops and turns.

"We're going into my school. Not yours, mine. This is my world. You aren't meant to be in it. I'm daddy's favorite, I'm the queen bee, I'm first. You will always be 2nd. Are we clear?" She asks. I nod, "Good. Now that that's settled, don't talk to me. My reputation is everything and you're not bringing me down. Got it?" She asks. Again, I nod.

"Leave me alone. I don't know you here. Bye bye!" She says walking away and into the building. A 12 year old just told me what to do. I guess that's only one today. Only one person that is. I'm sure the rest of the day will be fine. I walk through the hallway and down the hall searching for the main office.

"Excuse me do you know where the main office is?" I ask a kid at his locker. He turns and glares nodding his head down the hall. I nod saying thanks and scurry away. When I reach there I tell them I'm Aileen and they give me a schedule with my locker number and combination. I attempt to find the number and eventually find it. I turn the knob on the blue locker looking for the combination. I can't figure out how it works and just sit there turning the knob for 10 minutes.

"Excuse me can you help me?" I ask a girl next to me. She walks away like she never heard me. That's a bit rude. I go back to trying to figure it out when I hear a loud bell. What was that? All the students scurry around and run into classrooms. Was there a fire? I turn into my student manual to see that the bell was to signal switching classes. Ok, maybe there's something on lockers. I turn to a page and see you turn right twice, left, and right. I try it and the locker opens. I open my bag and throw everything neatly in. I check my schedule, knowing enough words, to see the first subject I have is History. I grab a binder labeled with the word History from my backpack. Where was this room? I turn my schedule around and around trying to find out. It says room E-4. Where is that? I wander around the school until I find a map taped to the wall. I find I'm not too far from the room and go in the direction shown. I reach the room and open the door. A classroom full of 48 eyes stare at me as I enter, standing awkwardly.

"You are?" The teacher asks, obviously annoyed that I had interrupted the lesson.

"A-Aileen." I stutter shifting my feet around.

"Right. The new girl. I'm Mrs. Gilden. Please find an empty seat in the classroom." She says. I look around the class catching a seat in the back of the room. I start my way there walking down the isle, stumbling as I do. I can hear unkind snickers of laughter behind me. Blushing, I take my seat.

"Right, on with the lesson." I can't understand anything that's going on. I don't get what the teacher is saying at all. None of it makes sense. The other kids think it makes plenty of sense. Is there something wrong with me? I keep flipping through the empty pages in my binder to no avail. I consider raising my hand, but I don't want to look stupid. In no time the bell has rung again and everyone is leaving. I go up to the teachers desk.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Gilden, I didn't get the lesson." I tell her.

"Ok, I'll catch you up on everything tomorrow or afterschool tomorrow." She tells me. I tell her thank you looking back to my schedule. My next subject is PE. What's PE? I notice a girl from my History class with a group of other girls.

"Do you know where the pe room is?" I ask her. She looks around at her group of friends, they all smile.

"Yeah. It's down the hallway to the left, then make another right and you'll be there." She tells me.

"Thank you!" I tell her returning a smile. They giggle and I walk away. There are nice people here! I follow her directions and open a door walking into a dark room.

"Hello?" I ask pulling a barely visible string. This doesn't look like a classroom. Unless PE is learning how to use a mop and how to take out a garbage can. I turn to exit as the door slams closed. I run to it to open it again. Locked.

"Help!" I plea banging on the door.

"Having trouble Aileen?" A voice laughs.

"Yes! Can you please let me out?" I ask.

"It's initiation. You have to stay in the janitors closet for your whole first day if your new here." Another voice chimes in.

"O-ok!" I say. I want to fit in. I want to be liked by them. Maybe this will help!

"Have fun." I hear giggling and footsteps. What do I do for the rest of the day in here? I don't know, but at least I'll have friends when I come out! What did the other kids do? Maybe I can try and figure out the History lesson? Would everyone else do that? I end up pacing back and forth before become extremely bored. I end up singing scales.

"Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, ti, do!" I sing over and over again not stoping. On about my 23rd So I hear a lock click and the door opens to reveal a brown curly haired boy standing before me.

-

I need a name for the boy I'm gonna try and think but there's that chapter!