Chapter 16- Runaway girl

THIS CHAPTER IS FROM LIAM'S POINT OF VIEW

-

Chapter 16-

Liam POV:

I climb up the stairs with Danielle. After the past few weeks I've been glad to get in touch with her again. Yeah, I was married, but I couldn't help having feelings for her. I had gone downstairs to get letters I had written but never sent so long ago. When we got down there they were gone.

"Do you think someone took them?" Danielle asks.

"No one knew about them. At least I don't think so." I say running my fingers through my hair and thinking.

"Dinner's probably done." Danielle says going into the kitchen and turning off the stove.

"Dinners done!" I yell up the stairs. I can hear footsteps pounding down the stairs and Andrew along with Nalise appear before me.

"Din din!" Nalise exclaims running in and sitting at the table.

"Can I get it now?" Andrew asks.

"Sure." I tell him patting his head. He grabs a plate to fill up.

"Tara!" I shout up the stairs annoyed that she hadn't come. I don't know what was up with her lately. She was being very disrespectful and rude lately.

"What!" She yells.

"Get down here for dinner now! And bring Aileen!" I holler up. I can hear her loudly groan before she appears at the bottom of the stairs.

"Tara where is Aileen?" I ask her.

"I dunno." She shrugs.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I question.

"I don't know." She repeats.

"How? Shes in her room!" I sigh.

"Didn't sound like it to me." She says grabbing a plate, "She didn't answer the door."

"Maybe she's sleeping, I'll go check." I offer going up the stairs. School must really tire her out if she's falling asleep at 6:30.

"Aileen." I knock shoving the handle. Locked. I quickly run to my room and get the key to unlock it. I open Aileen's bedroom door to find the lights are off.

"Aileen, wake up dinner." I say turning the lights on. There isn't a lump in the bed.

"Aileen!" I yell checking the bathroom and closet. Nothing. Where could she be? I get an uneasy feeling but shake it off and continue searching.

"Aileen!" I yell louder. That's when I find it on the desk. A note. I scramble up and grab it from where it's sitting.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I don't really know how to start this. Maybe with an 'Im sorry' ahead of time. So, I'm sorry. It was very kind of you to invite me to stay with you and meet you, I felt like I was at home and safe for once. But I feel this isn't the life for me. I don't belong here. It doesn't feel right and nothing is right. No one wants me here. I can tell. You tell I'm wanted, but I can't help feeling like I'm not. Tara hates me with a burning passion. No matter what you do. Emily wants me gone. Your wife's wants should be more important than some stupid kid you never meant to have. The kids at school don't like me. Every one of them but one kid. They don't give me a break. I just want to be free without any of these worries anymore. In the end, I've never felt so alone. Even though I'm surrounded the most I've ever been. That's why I've decided to leave. Please don't try to find me. I want to be left alone. I don't belong here. Please promise you'll forget I ever existed. It's better this way. I'll live. Everything will be fine. Thank you for your time, home, and most of all love. I'll never forget you.

Love,

Aileen.

I'm almost crying by the end of the letter. She was bullied? I never would've guessed! What did they do to her to make her leave? I could tell Tara didn't like her but that much? Emily too? They way she talked about herself like she was a mistake. She was, but it's not like I dreaded the thought of her. I loved her as much as a y of my other children. She left......she's gone.

"Danielle!" I scream jumping up. No, I wasn't letting her leave us again. She was alone once and she's not going to be alone again. Besides, she could get kidnapped or something. This late at night running from the Payne residence, the chances of her getting kidnapped were high. Which direction did she go? I Turn and see an open window.

"Aileen!" I yell out it. I know it's pointless. She's probably gone by now.

"Liam what's wrong?" Danielle runs into the room. Emily and the kids are behind her.

"She ran." I state taking out the letter.