Chapter 2- The Stranger

YAY! I wasn't lazy! I finished the chapter! Although it is shorter than my usual ones. I think. But I'm so proud :)

_______________________

Chapter 2-

My back feels like I slept on rough concrete. Oh wait, I did. I pick my pounding head off the bumpy brick building behind me and start to rub it. You'd think I'd be used to this by now. I hear a garbage truck come and stop. I pull my frail legs into my chest and conceal myself next to the dumpster. A man walks up and 5 bags of trash are dropped into the dumpster. When he reaches his truck again and heads off I get up and brush off my pants. I grab my bag off the ground and stretch out, hearing my back crack as I do. my stomach groans lightly. Time to get to work. I pull my SnapBack tighter on my head and sneak out of the alley, starting to slip down the street. I needed to find a place to sing. Maybe I could go back to the same park I was last time. I don't really know this area. It's my best shot, the reaction was so good last time. I just hope I remember how to get there. I think it was left right or right right left. I wander for about 10 minutes before finally finding the park. I don't think it was the same one though, since there was a fountain. I'm really bad with directions. O well! I take my bag and drop it on the fountain and climb up on it myself. Not many people were out, considering it was sometime around 7 am. But there were just enough people for £5. What song to sing? I only knew a few, handsome weren't as good as the others. I snap finding the perfect song. I clear my throat loudly and stand up straight as the words flow into my mind.

"I heard that you're settled down

That you found a girl and you're married now.

I heard that your dreams came true.

Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.

Old friend, why are you so shy?

Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited

But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.

I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded

That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you too

Don't forget me, I beg

I remember you said,

"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,

Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts inste-ad, " I belt out and some people come to listen to me and few wander around, but I know they're listening.

"You know how the time flies

Only yesterday was the time of our lives

We were born and raised

In a summer haze

Bound by the surprise of our glory days

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited

But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.

I'd hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded

That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you too

Don't forget me, I beg

I remember you said,

Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts inste-ad."