Chapter 5- Such a warm welcome

Chapter 5-

"Ready?" My dad asks me. I look up at the giant mansion laying in front of me.

"How many people are in your family again?" I ask him.

"4 others. My wife, Emily, my daughter Tara, she's 12, my son Andrew, he's 10, and Nalise, she's 5." My father tells me again. Why would he need such a big house for only 5 people?

"Do you have parties or guests much?" I wonder, searching for a reason.

"Not really. The parties are usually at Louis' house." He says.

"Louis?" I ask.

"You'll meet him and the other boys later." He says.

"Ok." I say, not wanting to ask too many questions.

"Be ready." He tells me. I take a deep breath and close my eyes tight.

"You might wanna open your eyes....." He says.

"Right, yeah....." I trail off.

"In we go." He says sticking the key in the door and opening it up. The door swings open and a gust of warm air hits me. I can't look at everything at once. The large entrance hall with a double staircase, elegant French doors leading into a small sitting room, glossy wood floors, and I think I can see the kitchen from here!

"You ok?" He asks me placing his hands on my shoulders.

"It's so......so......" I can't find the words for this. It was more amazing than anything!

"You haven't even seen the living room yet." He laughs.

"Can I?" I eagerly ask leaning forwards ready to find my way there.

"Sure, this is your home now after all." My father says.

"Yay!" I cheer running towards the back. Wait......backtrack. Did he just say....this is my home?!?!

"Wait a second, did you just tell me this is my home?" I ask him. I've never really been able to call anywhere home. Josephine and Mark's home was never mine. It never felt safe. I always felt like I was dangling off a cliff by a tiny string that dropped ever so often, and I never knew when. With Mark and Josephine putting every amount of stress and anger out on me, it was easy to feel like an unwanted guest.

"Yeah. You do want to stay here, don't you?" He asks me.

"Maybe......I'm not sure." I mumble. Yeah, the house was really big and awesome and this guy is probably my father, but I feel like I'm barging in.

"Look around, make your decision after. Feel free to sit down and make yourself and home. The fridge isn't locked either. I need to make some calls upstairs. Yell if you need me." He offers.

"Thanks Liam." I tell him.

"Dad." He corrects.

"Dad." I smile. He gives me a thumbs up and runs up the left staircase. Guess I'm left to look around. I run towards the back and into a kitchen. The counters are a smooth granite, I know because I had to touch it, the appliances were bigger than necessary, and everything else was too much to take in! I stood there, my head whipping around wildly and starting to shake. I run out of the kitchen to see a gigantic living room that sunk down with a sectional leather couch, a fireplace, side tables and a coffee table, complete with a 82" flat screen! I was never able to watch TV in my life! I stood there with my mouth hanging open at the Tv when I hear footsteps approaching.

"Andrew you're such a dork! Don't talk to me!" I hear a girl shout. I turn around to see a platinum blonde haired girl in a white sundress who looked around 12 walk in. She turns her head to face where I am and I freeze like a deer in headlights. I was in her territory. I could tell, and she wasn't going to welcome me in. Her eyes widen at me and her mouth opens wide,