Chapter 20- Murderer

This chapter is pretty short but something big happens during it. Before you start reading I'd like to shoutout someone who's just started writing a new book and hasn't had many reads in the first place. Her book is 'Breakers- Kill, Attack, Love' I think it's pretty good so far and you might think the same it's by '_Darkus_Rose' so check it out after the chapter or before! Thanks onto the story!

-

Chapter 20-

I haven't seen that side of Josephine in a while. It's been nine days since it happened. A week and two days. I wish that Josephine would've stayed out longer. How come my parents haven't come for me? Or the cops? Why was no one coming? I'm on my own I guess. But I thought my parents loved me? No Aileen, you're just unwanted. They acted like they love you. Thinking like that isn't going to get you anywhere Aileen, you need to stick yourself together. You've done it this far. But I can hold myself together longer. I can try and I will make it out of here. I just have to believe. I'll make it through this. I can push through, I'll survive. To keep my sanity I just have to do what I've done best since birth. The one thing I can always count on, the one thing I'm good at. I clear my throat and start the first few words of 'Keep Holding On' by Avril Lavigne.

"You're not alone, together we stand

I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand

When it gets cold and it feels like the end

There's no place to go, you know I won't give in

No, I won't give in

Keep holding on

'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Just stay strong

'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you." I stop after these words and flinch when I hear banging, screaming, and cursing upstairs. Another fight. I wonder what its about this time. I think I can hear the distinct sound of a hand across a face. Mark never hits Josephine.

"Get your hands off me!" She shrieks.

"I'll do whatever I want!" He growls.

"You have no right!" She gasps.

"I'm your husband and the male. I have all the power. You had no right to call the cops!" He roars. She called the cops?

"It wasn't me!" She defends.

"Who else could it have been?" He asks.

"I don't know, maybe the neighbors finally got suspicious as to why they could hear a little girl screaming?" I then heard Josephine scream.

"Mark stop I didn't do it, you have to believe me you're my husband!" I hear her plea. This doesn't sound good. I run up to the door and peak through a small hole in the door. Josephine is pinned up against the kitchen counter and Mark is holding a knife to her neck. I almost scream when I see it.

"Shut up you lying bitch! I know it was you who called the cops. You've been helping that girl the whole. You have a soft spot for her, don't you Jose?" Mark says.

"No-" She starts.

"Don't lie to me again!" He screams shoving her hard against the sink.

"Please don't do this it's no use you'll gain nothing!" She says.

"When you're gone I won't have to worry about taking you with me. You've been a drag the entire time." He says.

"But what about our plan?" She asks.

"Our plan? I came up with that in the genius of my mind, you had no part in 'our' plan. You have no value to me." He snorts.

"Please, no, you can't work the plan without me!" She squeaks.

"Did I forget to mention? The deals off. The second I'm done with you I'm going straight downstairs to finish off our sweet little adopted daughter." Mark sneers. I want to scream. How can I when Josephine does it for me?

"Aileen ru-!" She screams at the top of her lungs before it's cut short by Mark's knife sliding across her throat.

-

PLOT TWIST! Kinda idk if anyone predicted that or not. Sorry if the books been a bit gory lately :/ I actually have a few questions for you people reading!

Do you think he's going to kill Aileen?

If not what do you think is going to happen?

Thanks for reading and if you forgot to or haven't yet please check out _Darkus_Rose 's story "Breakers- Kill, Attack, Love" !

Hopefully update soon!