Chapter 23- Wanted

-I'm going to put the authors note at the bottom this time so go down there for information-

-

Chapter 23-

I fall right into my body with a thud. My eyes shoot open. I feel blind on my left side. I am blind. Breathing is hard but manageable. There's a loud and persistent beeping coming from my right. Where did he go? What?

"Her monitors beeping, doctor she's alive!" I turn my head to see a nurse in shock screaming to the doctor.

"What? Impossible!" He exclaims running straight into the room. The doctor looks me up and down, bewildered, "How do you feel?"

"Where is he?" I ask looking around.

"Who?" He questions.

"Him, the angel." I say. Had he just dropped me back intomy life?

"Oh child you must have been dreaming. There was no angel here." The nurse laughs shaking her head, "I'll go phone her family." The nurse exits.

"He was here! I swear he gave me a choice to live or not! I was in solitude, I-" I say trying to convince myself and everyone I'm not crazy.

"Don't stress yourself it was probably a coma-like dream." He says.

"Was I in a coma?" I question.

"Technically you were dead. But seeing as you're here alive, that's been proved wrong." He says.

"How is that even possible?" I wonder.

"God has an odd way of working things out." He smiles.

"Doctor, how did I even get here?" I ask.

"The cops found you half dead on some crazed serial killer's lawn." The doctor informs. I shiver and shake.

"Mark, Mark? Where is he?" I question all my memories filling me.

"Don't you worry at all. Mark Tanner is in jail. They are charging him for several murders, including your own. However, now that you're alive they'll want you to talk at his trial." He says. Anxiety fills me at the thought of seeing Mark again.

"Wait," I remember, "Did they find Josephine?"

"Yes, they did." He nods.

"Is she ok?" I say.

"Unfortunately, Ms Josephine was dead long before we could get her help." The doctor tells. I don't know whether to feel upset or relived. "Any more questions?"

"No. Thank you." I say leaning my head back.

"I'm just going to run some diagnostics. Sit tight it'll be over quickly." I close my eyes and soon find myself asleep.

********************

I am awakened by yelling outside my door.

"Mr. Payne and Ms Peazer, you cannot go in right now. She's still healing and the doctor is running some tests." I hear a calm voice state.

"I don't care! That's my daughter in there!" I hear my mom's teary voice say.

"We thought she was dead! We mourned her! I swear you better open that door right now-" Dad's voice booms.

"Dad. Mom." I mumble, still half asleep. I open my eyes to see the doctor writing nervously on a clipboard to my right. He turns his head away when he hears me.

"Just, um, give me a minute." He says walking away. Just as he nears the door it bursts open. I can see both my parents, Emily, Tara, Andrew, and Nalise.

"Aileen!" My mom and dad come bounding over.

"Quiet!" The nurse hisses.

"We thought you were dead!" My mom sobs clutching me.

"I'm here." I say hugging her.

"We know. It's just, we didn't even think-" Dad stops mid sentence.

"We love you. We love you so much." Mom says hugging me back.

"I love you too." I say smiling wide.

"Aileen," Tara steps behind my parents, "I'm so sorry for the way I treated you. I was jealous and that was no excuse. I really want to start over and try to act like sisters. Can you ever forgive me?" Tara looks almost like she's going to break down crying too.

"I'd love to start over." I smile at her.

"Aileen! Aileen! Aileen!" Nalise screams jumping onto the bed. She scurries up and hugs me tight. I can't really see her since she's on my left. I pat her head.

"Did you get any scars?" Andrew asks, also climbing onto my hospital bed.

"Oh yeah, my battle scars." I laugh and Andrew laughs along.

"I wish I had cool scars." Andrew frowns.

"Who knows, maybe some day you will." I say.

"Don't give him any ideas." Emily laughs. We all join in. It's in perfect harmony. I had my family. We were all together and happy. My half-siblings like me. My parents love me. In that moment, I was positive that everything was going to be okay. I was wanted, and that's all I could ever ask for.

-

Ok so that's the last chapter! There will be an epilogue though! No sequels because what am I going to write about? Aileen's story is told, it's over. She's happy. They'll be more information in the epilogue though. What she does with her life now. I was thinking about doing a One Direction daughter series but I'm not quite sure yet, so input would be appreciated. If so, this would be the first book. Thank you all so much, see you in the epilogue :)