Chapter 13

Harry's POV:

"So we're all set for Florida next week right?" I asked as Liam and Andie were leaving her office. I wasn't sure why I asked her. I knew Liam would be upset about her going away for a week with me. My intentions with her during this week was clear. I wanted her. No I needed her. I needed her to be with me, not with him. 

"Yup." Was all she said before leaving. I felt the excited expression on my face drop and I just stood in her office. I just stood there. I couldn't move. Andie reminded me so much of her. My first love. Alexis, or as I used to call her Lex. The second I laid my eyes on Andie, I knew I had to be with her. It was the same with Alexis. 

Back in high school, I only had four friends, Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn. They were all I needed. People thought I was mean, rude, or insensitive, but I said what was on my mind. I didn't sugar coat, and I still don't. I think that's what has lead me to having my own company. I don't let people into my life without knowing them for a long time. Hell, it took me almost two years to completely open up to the boys. 

Senior year, Liam was dating Alexis. They were the perfect couple. I met and introduced Alexis to our group, and that was how her and Liam met. She broke down so many of the walls I had built up. She became my best friend, and I loved her. She wouldn't take shit from anyone and she knew me better than the boys. Alexis actually cared to get to know me. She always used to pest me about my past, until I sat down one day and told her everything. 

I told her about how my father was a drunk. He had a shitty job in some factory and everyday he would come home and drink. I remember being four and hearing my dad slur about how my mother was a whore and a piece of shit. She would try and calm him down, tell him be quiet because my sister and I were asleep. Gemma would sneak into my room and we would hold each other through every terrifying slap and punch my father delivered. She was older than I was, but I protected her like she was my younger sister. I tried to protect her anyways.

I couldn't protect Gemma from my father. He is an evil bastard. I hate him with a burning passion. Not only did he beat my mother every night, he allowed his drunk friends to take advantage of my sister. She was 15 at the time. I remember coming home after school, I was only 11, and hearing groans coming from my parents' bedroom. I walked to their room and peeked my head in. I will never forget what I saw. My father in the corner of the bedroom watching as three men took turns on my sister. She looked at me with tears spilling from her eyes.

"Harry go now!" She yelled and everyone turned their heads towards me. I turned and ran away. Like a coward I ran away. I couldn't live with myself for a while. Gemma forgave me for not helping. She actually got upset whenever I blamed myself. She told me it wasn't my fault, that I was just a kid. From then on, I decided that I would never let anyone in. I would never trust anyone again. How could my father allow his friends to do that to his own daughter? I promised myself that I would live alone and never marry anyone, so I would never become my father.

When I told Alexis this, she just held me. She didn't judge, she didn't even say she was sorry. She promised me that I would never become my father because she knew that deep down, I was capable of love. She brought that out in me and I realized that day that I loved her. I was going to confess my love to her, but Liam beat me to the punch. He asked her out on a date and she said yes of course. Who wouldn't?

I kept my feelings hidden for a long time. It killed me everyday. Seeing him kiss her or hold her hand broke a piece of my heart every time I saw them together. When only a small piece of my heart was left, I decided I had enough. Liam and Alexis had been dating for almost 6 months, and I confessed my love for her within weeks of their anniversary. We all were at Zayn's house for his 18th birthday. I saw how happy they were, and I wanted that. I tried to drink my jealousy away, but that didn't work. Liam had left Alexis' side for the first time all night, and I decided that it if I was going to do it I'd better do it now.