Chapter 4

When I finally got home, it was close to 11:00. I was so exhausted. I threw my bag on the table and walked over to the small couch. I assumed Liam was asleep, since the bedroom door was closed. I flopped down on the couch, replaying the events from today in my head. Liam and I went further than we ever had before, I got the job at Styles Inc., and Mr. Styles had made me come. I laid down on the couch and set my alarm for 6:00 to get ready for tomorrow.

Liam poked his head out of our bedroom door. "Babe?" He whispered. I just sort of groaned and he laughed. A few seconds later, I felt his muscular arms pick me up bridal style and carry me into the room. He gently set me down on the bed and opened the dresser next to me. I slowly started falling asleep, feeling him dress me in my pajamas. He kissed my forehead softly before falling asleep next to me.

I woke up the next morning to my phone being dead. Thank God I woke up at 5:45. I got up, carefully to not wake Liam. I plugged my phone in as I jumped into the shower. The hot water, washing yesterday away. I can't believe I cheated on Liam. But was it really cheating? I didn't really do anything. But I didn't exactly stop Mr. Styles either.

When I got out of the shower, I blow dried and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I threw on my usual makeup, which was foundation, light eye shadow, winged eye liner and mascara. After my face was done, I went into the kitchen to make breakfast for Liam, only wearing one of his shirts and my underwear. I started cooking eggs, bacon and hash browns when I felt arms wrap around me.

"Mmm smells good." Liam whispered in my ear. I smiled and turn towards him and kissed his lips quickly.

"Good morning to you too." I laughed as I flipped the bacon. He grabbed his mug from the cabinet and poured coffee in it. He went into the fridge and grabbed the creamer I just bought and poured some in his cup.

"How long until you leave?" He asked leaning against the counter. I looked at the clock and it was 6:45.

"Thirty minutes." I shrugged, turning the stove off and grabbing two plates. I loaded Liam's plate and fixed mine. Liam usually ate enough for the both of us.

"What did Styles want last night?" He asked as he ate his breakfast. I took a bite, trying to stall. Now wasn't the time to tell Liam about last night. But when would be?

"He just wanted to show me my office and he needed me to sign my contract." I lied. Well it wasn't a lie, he did show me my office. I didn't say what we did in my office, Liam didn't need to know yet.

"That couldn't have waited until today?" He asked, eyeing me intently. I was such a bad liar and he knew something was going on. I just shrugged and started cleaning up.

"I guess. He's a real hard-ass." I said and he just nodded. I hated lying to him, but I had to tell him sooner than later. I know that if I want to keep my job, I have to listen to Mr. Styles, and by listening to him, I have to lie to Liam.

Liam washed his plate and walked to the bathroom without saying anything else. I heard the shower turn on, and I let go a breath I didn't know I was holding. I finished cleaning and got dressed in a white button up shirt that tucked into a pencil skirt. I grabbed my red pumps and my matching lipstick.

"I'm leaving!" I yell and turn to see Liam getting out of the shower. His hair was wet and fell flat on his head. The towel he had wrapped around his hips fell low. He was rubbing his hair with another towel and he looked up at me with sad eyes. 

"Be careful." Was all he said. I walked over and kissed him softly on the lips.

"When I get home, maybe we can finish what we started last night?" I said as seductively as I could while running my finger up and down his chest.

"Maybe if Styles doesn't call." He mumbled.

"He shouldn't."

"He'd better not. Now go or you'll be late." Liam laughed as he pushed me away playfully.

I kissed him one more time before saying bye and leaving. Today was my first official day at work and I didn't want to be late. Butterflies fluttered around my stomach as I got into my car. The closer I got to the office, the more and more nervous I felt. I finally made it to the parking lot with 15 minutes to spare. I pulled out my lipstick and effortlessly applied it to my full lips. 

I walked into the front doors, feeling a little confident. There was a new woman sitting at the front desk. She was a petite brunette, and she looked really nervous. I walked up to her and smiled, thinking it would be great to have a friend at work. 

"Are you new here?" I asked politely. She looked up from the book she was reading, and I could see how pretty she was. 

"Yeah, I just started today. What about you?"

"Today is my first day too. I'm Andie." I smiled at her, trying to be friendly.

"I'm Kim. It looks like we'll be going through this together." She laughed and the phone rang.

"Hello?" She asked shyly. I waited for her to get off the phone before going into my office. Kim nodded a few times and looked really scared as she hung up. 

"Do you know who Ms. White is?" She asked me and I smiled really big.

"That's me." 

"Mr. Styles said to report to his office ASAP." I took a deep breath and said goodbye. I walked over to his office, shaking from nerves. I knocked on the door and waited for a response.

"Come in, Ms. White." He said calmly from behind his desk. Today he was wearing a navy blue button up, a black tie, and a black blazer. He was doing something on his computer as I took a seat in front of his desk. 

"How are you?" He asked and finished typing something into his computer.

"Fine." I replied and heard the printer starting to print a bunch of papers out. I looked over at the printer then looked back at him. Mr. Styles leaned back in his chair and rested his hands on his head. He looked so sexy. I shook my head, trying to get the perverted thoughts out of my head. 

"Go through these papers and make sure there are no errors." He said as he handed me the stack of papers that finished printing. I grabbed them and walked out of his office and into mine. I sat at my desk and began reading the papers. 

Around 12:00, Mr. Styles came into the office. "You can take your lunch now." I nodded and grabbed my purse. I hoped Kim was taking her lunch at the same time. As I walked out of my office, I saw a bunch of people dressed in business attire and talking with each other. No one said anything to me as I walked towards the receptionist desk. 

"Kim, are you taking your lunch now?" I must've scared her because she jumped at my voice.

"Um, yeah. Do you have any place in mind?" She said, gathering her things. 

"Mexican good with you?" I asked as we walked out of the building. I drove us there, and on the way over, we made small talk. I could see myself being really good friends with her. When we got there, we both ordered food and sat down in the little restaurant. 

"So do you have a boyfriend?" She asked me while munching on chips and salsa.

"Yeah. His name is Liam Payne." I smiled.

"Do you ride that Payne Train?" I was taking a drink of Dr. Pepper and choked on it. Kim looked so innocent, and at that moment, I realized we were going to be great friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Sorry if this chapter was a little boring. I promise I'll spice it up soon ;)

Please comment, vote, and help spread the word!!!! 

With much love, Joslin