Chapter 29

"Liam..." I said quietly as I turned to face Liam. I looked him up and down, everything seemed the same, but different at the same. It had only been a few days since I've last seen him, but everything was different. It didn't hit me until a few moments later that he wasn't the one who changed, it was me. I changed. I let go a big part of my life. I fell in love. I lost love. My heart was still completely broken. Harry made me believe that I actually meant something to him. Liam walked over to me and picked up the journal that had fallen on the bed. He picked it up and looked at it carefully.

"I know I messed up, but...." he kept his eyes on the book, "I wanted you to know how I felt the entire time. I really did love you Andie. I still love you." I was completely speechless. I didn't know what to say and I kept my eyes on the book as well. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his head raise and I could feel him looking at me. I sat down on the edge of the bed. 

"If you love someone, then why would you hurt them?" I looked up at him with sad eyes. 

"I didn't know what I had until it was too late." His eyes fell to the ground.

"Liam that's not good enough." I stood up and tried to stay as calm as possible.

"Please Andie... Just one more chance. I'm not asking to be your boyfriend. I just want to be your friend." He took a step towards me. "I miss my best friend." I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him. I really did. I wanted to stay up all night just talking, like we used to. I took a step towards him and wrapped my arms around his torso. I could feel the shock go through his body as he hesitated, but wrapped his arms around my shoulders. He pulled me close and the tears just poured from my face. 

"I missed you so much." I said into his shoulder, sobbing as quietly as possible.

"It's okay Andie. I'm here now." He told me quietly. I'm not exactly sure how long we were hugging, we just held each other until I was all cried out. Liam gently grabbed the sides of my face and wiped my tears with his fingers.

"Thank you." I whispered and smiled at him.

"It's no problem at all." He took a step back.

"What were you doing here?" I asked, wiping off the last of my tears.

"I was dropping off my key actually." He told me and I just nodded.

"Why are you back so early?" He asked and I sat back down on the bed. I bit my lip, trying to think about the best way to word it.

"Harry and I broke up." Was all I could manage to say.

"Oh." He was trying his hardest to contain his excitement.

"That doesn't mean I'm getting back together with you." I said bluntly and looked up at him.

"I know." He said quietly and looked around the room. "How about I order us pizza and you tell me what happened?" 

"You don't want to hear about it..." I told him. It would be awkward telling my ex-boyfriend about the breakup between me and my most recent ex-boyfriend. 

"Andie. It's hurting you and I don't want to see you hurt." He said and pulled out his phone. He walked out of the room to order the pizza and I went into my bathroom. I splashed water on my face and looked in the mirror. I looked like shit. I quickly looked away and dried my face, leaving the bathroom quickly. Liam was sitting on our bed, I mean my bed. It was still a little weird thinking about him not being here anymore. Then the image of another woman in my spot popped into my head.

"Liam. Did she sleep here?" I asked and bit my lip, crossing my fingers in my head.

"No. I went to her house." He looked down and answered quietly.

"Why?" I asked, finally needing to hear the answer. "Was I not good enough?" 

"No Andie. It wasn't that." He answered carefully. "I just... I really don't know why I did it. It just sort of happened." 

"How long did that last?" 

"Five months." He said and closed his eyes in shame.

"Five months..." I repeated quietly and thought back. "Five months of sleeping with some slut behind my back." Then I remembered. He made me feel guilty when Harry touched me. "I never slept with Harry while we were dating. If anything, he just touched me." I told him and clenched my fists. "You made me feel so guilty for that when you were...." Anger coursed through my veins as I clenched my fists tighter.

"I'm sorry Andie. After that night, I broke it off between me and Sh-"

"I don't even want to hear her name. I'm leaving. I'm not sure when I'll be back." I told him and grabbed my keys. I rushed out the door and slammed the door behind me. I raced to my car, unsure of where I was going. I got in and just drove. I was so pissed off and was going dangerously fast. I decided I needed to pull over, and when I did, I realized I drove myself to work. 

I got out of the car and walked into the building. 

"Andie! You're back!" Kim yelled from behind the receptionist's desk. I smiled at her as nicely as possible but kept walking. I went straight into my office and started collecting my things. I found a spare box in my office and threw everything that was mine in the box. I sat down at my desk and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. I began writing Harry a very strongly written letter. I held nothing back and I told him exactly how I felt. From the very first moment to the very last. I signed the letter and grabbed my things. On my way out, I went to put the letter on his desk, but of course, it was locked. I slid it under the door and walked out. 

"Bye Kim. It was nice working with you." I told her and the look on her face was priceless. I started walking towards my car, when Kim ran out of the office.

"Andie! Mr. Styles wants to talk to you." She yelled and I turned around.

"Tell him that he can go fuck himself." I said and got into my car. I put on my sunglasses and drove off. My skin felt like it was radiating and I felt amazing.