Chapter 9

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I got out of bed and grabbed my phone. I had 5 text messages. 3 from Mr. Styles and 2 from Liam. I walked into the living room as I opened the ones from Liam first.

*My mom called and said there was some emergency with my dad. I'll be up here for about a week or so. * The first one read.

*Stay away from Styles. I mean it.* The second one read. What the hell? How did he expect me to stay away from my boss. Last night Liam told me that Mr. Styles stole his girlfriend, but there was no way that was gonna happen again. Or was it? No. I liked Liam and I obeyed Mr. Styles. The two were different. I have choices with Liam, whereas with Mr. Styles I don't. I have to obey him.

Mr. Styles has this thing about him. Power and dominance coursed through his veins. He needed to have control at all times. Liam didn't. Liam was very open-minded and I usually had control in the relationship. When we had sex, that was the most controlling I've ever seen him, and I loved it. I always thought I would have hated being controlled, or told what to do, but in a sick way, I loved it.

I decided to open Mr. Styles' texts.

*Figure it out* He sent last night while I was asleep.

*I hear Liam is out of town*

*I'm coming over.* He sent about an hour ago. That means he'll be here any second. Fuck. I hit the call button and try to persuade him to not come over. I was too late when I heard a phone ring on the other side of the front door. Fuck. I opened the door to Mr. Styles. He was wearing a gray t-shirt with a pair of black jeans and white converse. I could see the many tattoos he had all over his arms and a few that peaked out of his shirt. His curly hair was covered by a grayish beanie. He looked so young. I know he's my age, but he makes me forget that.

"You look nice." He said sarcastically and crossed his arms across his chest. I looked down and realized I was wearing a white tank top, with no bra of course, and my old sweats. My hair was still messy and I had no makeup on.

"I just woke up." I said and leaned against the door frame. I didn't want Mr. Styles to come in because I didn't want anything to happen today. I was still sore from yesterday.

"I can tell." He chuckled. "Aren't you going to let me in?"

"Nope." I said, popping the p. He moved closer to me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"That wasn't a question." He said as he took a step forward, pushing me into my apartment.

"I'm not in the mood Mr. Styles." I said firmly as he shut the door behind me.

"Go get ready. I'm taking you out for breakfast." He let go of me and walked towards the couch. I walked into my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I redid my ponytail and threw on a little eyeliner and mascara. I didn't feel like getting too dressed up. I went into my bedroom and found Mr. Styles sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Out." I said and pointed to the door. He chuckled and ignored me, then walked to my closet. I grabbed a bra from my drawer and put it on, facing away from him.

"I've seen you naked before." He said from right behind me. His hand slowly ran up my spine and hooked my bra for me.

"I know." I shrugged and turned to him. He handed me a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I pulled the shirt over my head and realized it was my "Teenage Dirtbag" crop top. The one that showed most of my stomach whenever I brought my hands above my head. I took the shirt off and threw it on the floor. I grabbed one of Liam's shirts and threw it over my head. It was a simple black v-neck and I tucked it into my jeans.

I looked over at Mr. Styles. He was focused on a picture of Liam, Niall, me, and Louis all at a college party with beers in our hands. I loved that picture because it was such a great picture of us. Liam smiled like usual, but Louis, Niall and I were all making faces. We told Liam that we were taking a nice picture and that he needed to smile. There was a longing sort of look on his face. I walked over to him and grabbed the picture from his hand.

"You okay?" I asked and set the picture down. I looked up at him and he snapped out of whatever was bothering him.

"Yeah. Let's go." He said and pushed me towards the door. I grabbed my purse and we walked out. When we got into the elevator, Niall was walking out. He looked surprised.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Niall who was looking Mr. Styles up and down.

"Um. Liam wanted me to check on you." He said, finally looking at me.

"She's fine." Mr. Styles said and pushed me into the elevator.

"Tell him I'll call him later!" I yelled as the elevator doors shut. The last thing I saw was Niall dialing his phone. Fuck. I knew Liam was going to be pissed off. I nervously chewed on my lip and felt Mr. Styles staring at me.

"Stop doing that." He warned. "Everything will be okay. Don't worry about it." Mr. Styles wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. He kissed the top of my head and the elevator stopped at the ground floor. I was shocked. I've never seen this side of Mr. Styles. He seemed so comfortable and like a normal person.

"So where are we going?" I asked as we pulled out of the parking lot in his car.

"To breakfast." He shrugged and I looked at him waiting for him to elaborate. He looked over at me and laughed. "I know this cute little ma' and pop restaurant that I think you would like." I nodded and looked out the window. He gently placed his hand on my thigh and I looked down at it then up at him.

"Mr. Styles?" I asked, he was never this touchy-feely.

"Call me Harry while we're not in the office."

"Harry. Do you have Multiple Personality Disorder or something?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"No. Why would you say that?" He laughed.

"Because in the office you're always so demanding and straight to the point about everything, and now you seem.... cool?" I questioned the last word. He smiled as we pulled into the parking lot of a small restaurant.

"Usually I'll ease my personal assistants into this job, but you are different." He paused, "As for today, I wanted to show you I'm not a terrible person." He smiled and opened his car door. He walked around and opened my door.

"Thank you." I mumbled and thought to myself, maybe he isn't that bad of a person after all. I could get used to this side of him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys I'm back on the laptop! I'm sorry that it took me a while to update, I've been busy and didn't get a chance to write. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving (for those who celebrate it)! I wanna give a quick shout out to @Infinity_Mae_Horan! She's great and you should check her out!

Please vote, comment, and help share this story! I really want to get more reads and hopefully more people invested in this as you guys are! With much love, Joslin