Chapter no25

I was in a green field with peonies everywhere. San was holding my hand, leading me through the flowers. Millions of butterflies were flying around us. It seemed like all of the butterflies had left my chest and could fly free. I felt my heart beat slowly and looked at San. He was bright and I couldn't feel his touch even though I saw our hands were bonded. Like he was a spirit and not a human.
We walked together and found SeongHwa. But why my heart was calm when I was next to both of them? San let my hand and put me in SeongHwa's arms.

San: You'll be safe here.

He started flying among the butterflies. He had a peaceful smile. Was he an angel?

HS: Where are you going?

San didn't answer and waved at SeongHwa and me. I started crying without even knowing why. SeongHwa hugged me tightly and he cried along.

I am not sure if I opened my eyes because of the tears or because of my surprise that SeongHwa cried. I was in San's room and couldn't remember last night's happenings or understand what was going on.
My dream was over and had left me with fresh tears on my cheeks and an intense feeling that something bad had already happened or was about to take place. The butterflies had come back in my chest giving a crazy dance and my heart was beating irregularly.

I tried to get up and realised I was held by someone's hands. Seeing I was in San's bed, the hands probably belonged to him. I was socked. I wiped my tears with my free hand and thought what should I do in this situation.

San: Are you awake HS?

He slightly got up and looked at me.

HS: Yes...

San: What's this? Are you still crying?

I didn't answer and tried to stop my tears but I wasn't able to so they continued dropping effortlessly. I felt a relief he hadn't left me but I didn't know why I was crying. San hugged me again.

San: Don't cry... Everything will be alright. I love you. I'm sorry I hadn't proven it right... I'm sorry for everything...

HS: Is SeongHwa okay?

I didn't know myself why I believed SeongHwa wasn't okay. Maybe it was this feeling that something bad would happen.
San looked confused and then sad.

San: Yes. What could have he gotten?
So, I'm confessing to you and you only think of hyung?

HS: It's not like that... I had a dream and now I'm worried...

San: HS, don't pay attention to the dreams. They mean nothing. It's just your imagination.

HS: That means you will be okay too?

San: Heck yes! Of course I'll be alright! Why wouldn't I?

HS: That's such a relief! Please don't ever leave... It makes me sad.

San: HS, don't speak foolishness! I will never leave you. Even if I'm far, I have left a part of me in you.

Someone knocked the door before I got to ask for a promise. San got up and asked who it was.

Yeosang: It's me. Yeosang.

San opened the door.

Yeosang: Will you come down for breakfast-

He stopped when he saw me.

San: Yes, yes we are coming.

Yeosang: What are you doing here HS? I thought you were in your room sleeping.

San: I told MinGi I would stay with her. She was kind of upset. Didn't he tell you?

Yeosang: To be honest, he hasn't come down either. We all know he is a sleephead. Are you okay HS? What happened?

San didn't let me speak a word. He assured Yeosang we were coming right away and kindly pushed him out closing the door. I was watching speechless.

San: I see you stopped crying. *He smiled.* You should get up now and go dress up. It was a hard night yesterday and you haven't eaten anything.

I nodded and went to my room. I didn't want to tell San about my bad feeling because I believed he wouldn't understand and would say it's my imagination again. MinGi was of course asleep so I quietly changed my crumbled dress into pants and a hoodie. I went out and found San waiting for me. I realized I hadn't thanked him for comforting me and carrying me home.

HS: Thank you for... You know... For helping me.

San: You don't need to thank me. Let's go and eat. I'm starving!

He blinked and headed to the stairs. I followed him. Everyone was in the living room having breakfast and talking with each other.

HongJoong: Hello San, hello HS! Good morning. Is MinGi still sleeping?

HS: Yes.

HongJoong: We have to carry out a meeting once he is here too. We should prepare our next moves.

HS: That means, I will attend as well?

HongJoong: Of course! You are officially a member of ATEEZ and after what happened yesterday, you are one of the main people concerned with our next moves.

HS: Ah, you know everything?

HongJoong: You bet I do. YunHo told me and I was too worried. You should have keep me aware! Luckily you are all safe and sound.

San left to talk with Wooyoung and I approached YunHo.

HS: Good morning YunHo.

YunHo: Oh, good morning HS. Did you eat?

HS: No but...

YunHo: Let me pour some milk in cereals for you.

He filled a bowl and gave it to me.

HS: Thanks. But did you tell Hong everything?

YunHo: Uhmm, almost. I didn't talk about your brother.

HS: Thank God! Thank you YunHo.

YunHo: You shouldn't thank me since I did it for my good. I was the one who hid Hyeong Sun.

HS: Thank you for this too. HyeongSun is very precious to me and you protect him so hard.

YunHo: Don't think about it and be careful not to discuss it with anyone else.

HS: Okay.

I saw MinGi coming from our room and HongJoong saw him as well.

HongJoong: Good morning MinGi. Have your breakfast and then we'll hold a meeting.

MinGi nodded positive but then he came near me complaining.

MinGi: Who ever has a meeting when they just woke up? Who can even think clearly in the morning?

I secretly agreed with him. YunHo took him to the kitchen and HongJoong came next to me.

HongJoong: Can you find Yeosang and tell him the meeting will start soon please?

HS: Yes HongJoong.

I went upstairs and knocked Yeosang's room. I waited but he didn't answer. I heard a voice from HongJoong's office so I guessed Yeosang was in there and went to find him.

Yeosang: What do you mean "they escaped and took along all the men"? Like I don't know it! I did such a good job with this trap, you lost even Hyeong Sun and now you are complaining to me! Just be more careful! The plan was perfect!

I froze out of the door. My hand was left just a breath before knocking the door and I couldn't believe what I had heard. Was Yeosang a traitor?