Chapter no21

HongJoong: We have a purpose as gang. Not just as gang. As group.

HS: What is it?

HongJoong: Should I tell you yet?

HS: Come on! You've told me all these and now you won't tell me the final?

HongJoong: You are right. So, the truth is that our main goal is to put the leader of The White Maze in jail. And if possible whoever else is responsible. I know you will find it a little hypothetical when we are illegal too. But we only act illegal when there's need to. We almost never kill people . Only for self defense. We try to gather clues, and once the puzzle is complete, we'll hand it over to the prosecutor office and let the case blow.

I looked at him. I was surprised that they had such a simple and right goal but still they wouldn't tell me about it.

HS: And why didn't you tell me when it's so simple?

HongJoong: What if you were a White Maze spy?

I thought he was right and my brother's picture came unintentionally in my frame. What if HongJoong knew? I felt guilty without reason. Or was it a reasonable sentiment? I was hiding the truth from him...

HongJoong: Are you listening to me HS?

HS: Uhmm sorry I was thinking something.  What did you say?

HongJoong: I said do you need some time alone or can I let the guys in? They are worried about you.

HS: Nah, that's okay they can come. I just wanted to say...

HongJoong: Yeah?

HS: Thank you. I think I've never thanked you properly. You accepted me and took good care of me. I want to pay you back but I don't know how. I'm still too inexperienced to help you out much.

HongJoong: Don't worry too much. You have helped already.

HS: I promise I'll try my best to help as much as I can.

He smiled passionately and nodded looking proud of me.

HongJoong: We can coexist without owing anything to anyone. Let's all do our best regardless of favours and gratefulness.

I found his words very wise. He really deserved his leadership. I was sure. He got out and I could see San standing there with Wooyoung. They were nervous enough and Hong signed to them that they could come in. They totally rushed at once.

Wooyoung: HS! Are you okay? San said you fainted and they brought you here!

HS: That's true but I'm fine now.

San: SeongHwa said it's not something serious. I told you before.

HS: I had forgotten completely about my iron levels being low.

Wooyoung: But SeongHwa said you wouldn't have fainted if it wasn't for a strong emotional sock!

I knew they believed it was because of me learning Hyeong Sun (my brother) was a gangster but I felt sure it was the emotion battle between San and SeongHwa inside my heart. After all if it was the former I would have already fainted last night. But it happened this morning.

San: Wooyoung went and bought your pills. We sent him again to buy some other medicine SeongHwa ordered so he wasn't here when you woke up.

Wooyoung: I didn't want to leave but SeongHwa said some damn things that you should wake up to the last face you had seen otherwise you would be scared. So San wouldn't go, the others were sleeping, SeongHwa was taking care of you and who would send his leader to buy anything?