Chapter no23

The men tied us up and transferred us towards the opposite direction of the main entrance so I guessed there was a back door they used. I tried to sense everything around me. We were put in a track and as it moved, I lost the sense of directions. We couldn't stand stably because of the fast driving so I felt someone falling on me and some millions of butterflies flee inside my chest. I opened my eyes realising we were alone in the truck. The person who had fallen on me was San.

San: I am sorry HS... The driver really goes like crazy. Thankfully SeongHwa hyung can drive twice the speed so he won't lose us.

HS: It's a little scary... Have you been in such a situation before?

San: If you mean in a setting, you bet I've participated to quite many of them.

Wooyoung: But nobody was ever even close to kidnap one of us.

I realised I was the cause of danger and it made me feel really bad.

San: Look, HS. Don't worry no matter what happens. Just remember SeongHwa will save us.

Wooyoung: We are not even in danger. They are the ones who should worry!

He meant the kidnappers. WooSan smiled encouragingly so I smiled back. It was quite dark but I could see their faces. At that moment, the truck stopped so we all lied down pretending to be still fainted. We were token out and then down some stairs. I felt the humidity of a basement. The men chained us to a pillar and left.

San: They took their leaving now. You can wake up. Or, by the opportunity we can take a nap down here. Even though it's pretty cold.

Woo and I opened our eyes and looked around. We were in the center of the room tied in the single pillar existing.

HS: Now, tell me you can really sleep when you are tied up in a wet basement!

San: Yeah, actually humidity does not help at all. Let's hope we won't catch a cold in this terrible place.

I smiled but I was wondering how could he be so relaxed in this situation. Then I thought he was a conman. He was experienced.

Wooyoung: Those punks. They ruined our night out!

San: Don't worry Woo. We are about to spoil their fun too. *He showed his tongue naughtily.* They must think they are very smart right now!

We heard a noise and faked unconsciousness again. Then some people's steps sounded coming.

Man 1: So when will our guests wake up?

Man 2: They are about to. The drug won't last longer.

Man 1: Well, because I don't have all the night free.

I heard San and Wooyoung pretending to wake up but I was scared so I stayed still.

San: Aish! What's wrong in here? Where am I?

Wooyoung: What happened?

I decided to wait a little more before I open my eyes.

Man 1: Good morning my dears!

San: It ain't morning ya know!

Man 1: Oh really? And how do you know?

Wooyoung: I guess you forgot to steal his watch!

Man 1: We are not thieves here!

San: Of course not! You just steal some people for no reason!

Man 1: It's called kidnapping when you take a person! Not stealing!

Wooyoung: Who cares for the words.

Man 1: You are being too rude when you should beg for your lives!

Wooyoung: Whatever! You can kill us if you want to but I can't see any reason.

San: That's right. Waste of benefits. We know we are not in such danger.

I dared to open my eyes and I saw the man who had been speaking extremely irritated and confused. He looked even desperate.

Man 1: Okay but I can beat you up!

WooSan lifted their shoulders indifferently. Then I couldn't keep myself from joining.

HS: What's happening? Where am I that it's so noisy?

San: Don't bother yourself. Some guys talking nonsense.

Wooyoung: You can sleep again. Our buddy there is already done.

The man looked angry to maximum. His face was all red.

Man 1: That's enough! *He screamed.* Take them and beat them to see blood!

Man 2: Yes sir-

Voice: I don't think so.

Everyone looked back and saw a man dressed in our gang's suit. WooSan and I knew it was SeongHwa. He aimed his guns to the men.

SeongHwa: Whoever moves, regrets.

SeongHwa: Your hands up! To see them.

The men raised their hands slowly. SeongHwa pointed to one of them standing right next to us.

SeongHwa: You! Solve them!

The man bowed and started solving us but suddenly a voice coming behind SeongHwa stopped him.

Voice: You put your guns on the floor and raise your hands!

A man appeared from the shades and pointed SeongHwa with his weapon. SeongHwa put down his guns and stepped on them turning to the stranger.

SeongHwa: I put them down because I want to but don't you dare think you are safe right now.

The man laughed. "You and your friends are the ones in danger." He said.
I couldn't see SeongHwa's face except his eyes but I felt sure he smirked.

SeongHwa: Why? Will you kill me or something?

Man: If I want to.

SeongHwa: Right. I guess you don't need me. You have already three of us. Since it seems I'm an extra here, I'll take my leaving now.

Man 1: You don't have anywhere to go! One step and you are dead!

SeongHwa: Is that so?

The man behind him was over the limit irritated. He walked forward and his weapon touched SeongHwa's head.

Man: That's the last warning. Say a word more and you'll die.

I saw SeongHwa's eyes and I could read some calculations in his head. Then he stayed silent bur with a weird green shine in his eyes. I decided to speak.

HS: Don't kill him please!

WooSan tried to stop me with their looks but I wanted to do something. The first man came close to me.

Man 1: Seems like you are interested in him. But what to do? There's no way to save him. Maybe you'll have a chance with the other two.

He glanced nastily at WooSan. I felt scared and desperate.

Man 1: When one of your friends is dead, you'll think better for saving the rest.

HS: What do you want me to do?

Man 1: To persuade your naughty brother. But it isn't time for this yet. You can finish with him now. *He said to the third man who had still his weapon on SeongHwa's head.*

Man: Alright.

SeongHwa starred at me and blinked. I couldn't understand anything. It was like a crazy nightmare. WooSan were looking at the whole thing without reacting like they were hypnotized.

I screamed but the man pushed the trigger. A shooting came in my ears like I was dreaming.

HS: Nooooooooo!

I saw smokes spreading...