Chapter no14

A sudden noise scared me and I got up at once only to realize that I was sleeping on my bed, having in my hug my notebook.
A part of my brain was occupied trying to figure out what kind of thing caused such noise while my rest mind remembered to take a look at the time.

It was already night. 11pm. I couldn't think a reason why nobody had woken me up but I couldn't think of a reason why they would wake me up either.

I went downstairs and it was surprisingly silent. I walked to the kitchen and finally met someone.
San was there in front of the fridge and I saw the cause of the noise.

It was a broken bottle. But not just a bottle. The one with SeongHwa's milk.

San was trying to pick up the glasses mumbling angrily.

San: Aishshsh. Damn why did this have to happen!

I approached him.

HS: Can I help?

San: Oh, uhm HS are you here? I thought you were sleeping.

HS: Yeah, I don't know how it happened, maybe I was tired enough. Do you need help?

San: Actually.... I may need a place to hide when SeongHwa learn what did I do. *He smiled embarrassed.*
SeongHwa is very calm but that's a past if someone touches his things.

HS: Uhm I don't think it's this bad.

San: Yeah, because he was never angry in front of you.

He seemed sad and worried. I helped him anyways to pick up the glasses and clean the floor.

HS: What if we buy a new bottle and fill it with milk before he comes back?

I suggested because he still looked upset.

San: Oh yeah that's a good idea why didn't I think of this earlier?
Come on HS! Let's hurry and go!

HS: Okay let me dress first.

I still wore the clothes I had slept with and they were quite a mess.

San: Okay but hurry up for the sake of God!

I quickly went upstairs and wore my jeans and sweater. Then I followed San. We were lucky to find an open store. We bought a bottle exactly the same as the one San broke and then had the brand of milk SeongHwa always drinks. Then we fast tidied everything up and pretended to know nothing. We even got rid of the glasses and washed carefully both the floor and the mop.
San sighed relieved.

San: Thank you HS. Without you I'd be dead today.

HS: Don't overreact. SeongHwa wouldn't kill you.

San: Right, he would just scold me and hate me for the rest of his life.

HS: Haha I don't think so. You are like a family here. I guess you've been together for a long time.

San: Yes, that's right. Eight years have passed since this ter-

He suddenly stopped and covered his mouth with his hand.

San: Stupid me! I am too thoughtless tonight.

HS: Why? Were you 'bout to say something you shouldn't say?

San: Right my little girl.

HS: I'm not little for God's sake! I am only two years younger than you!

San: Why? Isn't two years a long time?

He was joyful again and that made me feel happy too so I smiled.

HS: Not so much.

San: You should live those two years carelessly and happily but now you were unlucky and came across us. Now live as carelessly as possible.