19| Smells Like Teen Spirit

Start from the beginning

Mason immediately liked Molly, but because he was Rory's friend, Molly remained very doubtful about him. A month after meeting Mason, Molly finally agreed to go on a date with him. Six months ago, they adopted a baby, an English Springer Spaniel named Spot.

The exterior of the building stayed mostly white, with a few dark-colored pieces. It held a three-story building, Molly lived on the first floor. On the other side of the street remained Harold A. Henry Park, where Mason would take their dog for a walk. As they reached the apartment complex, tall pine trees swayed with a creaking sound, giving shadows to the gray sidewalk. Molly opened a white door after the first doorbell.

"Quickly, go inside," Molly instructed, holding the dog by his collar. "Stop it, Spot," she scolded the animal as Spot whined.

"Hi, friend," Sam said with a smile. They walked inside, closing the door behind them.

"Hi, hi. Go sit down." Molly motioned toward the living room, while still holding Spot with her right hand.

The apartment held a similar size to Scott's. One bedroom, one bathroom. A compact kitchen, but a sizable living room with three windows through the entire wall. You could see the park from there. They rented the apartment with furniture, so there was not much of Molly's spirit there.

The color selection of the apartment remained mostly dull, with pale gray walls, including black and white furniture. Although Molly made sure that there were pink and yellow decorations in the place; her two favorite colors. Mason wasn't a fan of that, but he agreed to all the girly stuff as long as he could have a big flat screen with PlayStation.

Raymond and Sam went through a narrow corridor to the living room, where Mason sat playing some car chase game. After introducing the guys to each other, Sam left them to play the game and went to help Molly with appetizers.

"Sit down, if you don't want to be fucked," Molly said, taking potato chips from the package.

"What?" Sam asked, barely containing laughter.

"Spot." Molly pointed her French manicured finger to the dog sitting near her. "Yesterday he banged Mason's leg, leaving a stain on his sweatpants. It was gross." She wrinkled her nose. Samantha couldn't restrain herself from laughing. "He does that a lot. Don't you, baby?" Molly asked, glancing lovingly at the dog. "But he doesn't do that if you are sitting." She motioned toward a chair.

Sam sat down on the high kitchen chair. "Can I help you?" She glanced at unpacked food.

"No, I will manage that. Tell me about lunch," Molly said, raising her eyebrow and putting snacks on a wooden tray.

"You mean about Scott," Sam asked, and Molly nodded her head. "He dyed his hair black," she said, making Molly burst into a laugh. "And let me tell you, he doesn't look good." Sam shook her head.

"I suspected that. Did you tell Scott about Ray?" Molly asked, glancing at Sam.

"No. I just told Scott that Ray and I are friends," Samantha explained.

"Yeah. You know, friend, I'm worrying. How many of these types of friends can you have at one time?" Molly hissed, raising her eyebrow.

"No, no. I just told Scott that. I'm serious about Ray." Sam tried to calm Molly down.

"So the next thing on today's agenda." Molly smiled playfully. "How was the date? And I need more details. Then it was good, what you said on the phone last night." She grinned.

"I don't know what to tell you. I had a pleasant time, and I think so did Ray. So there is not much to tell," Sam said, petting Spot.

"Don't give me this crap. You know what I want to hear. How was Ray in bed?" Molly moved closer to Sam, leaning her elbows on the kitchen island.