Chapter 21: Preprom

I went to Ben's girlfriend's house around three. I don't know why, but she said we were going to need a lot of time.

When I got there, she already had her hair done, and was doing her makeup.

"Hey, Lindsey, I'm Abigail," she said, gesturing for me to come in.

"Hi, Abigail."

"You can sit in the chair, but you'll probably want to take off your t-shirt or it'll mess up your hair when you do," Abigail said, leading me to what I guessed was her room.

I took off my t-shirt and set it and the dress on Abigail's bed, leaving me with a strapless bra and my spandex. Then I sat in the chair, like she said.

"Your hair would look really good curled. And by the way, I love your dress!" Abigail said.

"Thanks," I muttered. I was never very good at the whole makeup, dressup, doing-your-hair-everyday thing.

First, Abigail did my hair. I looked in the mirror, and realized she was right; my hair looks amazing.

Then she tried some makeup on my face. Apparently she liked it, since she made no effort to take it off.

Then Abigail finished her makeup. She put on her dress, and told me to put on mine. I pulled a pair of flats out of my bag, but she told me to put them away.

"No way am I letting you wear flats to prom. Borrow some heels," Abigail said, pulling another pair out of ber closet.

The heels she gave me were tan pumps, I think. I don't really know what they're called, since I just wore sneakers to Homecoming, and I didn't go to Snowball.

"These aren't too bad," I said, attempting to walk. I slipped, but caught myself.

"And good timing, too. It's already quarter to five. Ben will be here any minute to take us to the spot for picutres," she said.

"Should I just leave my stuff in his truck?" I asked.

"If you want. Also, you could spend the night. I like you. And you can just borrow clothes," Abigail said.

"That would be fun. I'll text my mom," I said, pulling out my phone.

I was using my phone for pictures, so the plan was that one of the guys would keep it in his pants pocket or something, since I'd have nowhere to put it.

I followed, or more like hobbled, down the stairs, and waited with Abigail. She looked stunning. I hope I do, too.

A knock sounded, and Abigail opened the door. Immeadietly, Ben came in and wrapped his arms around her.

"Oh, before we leave, Lindsey, here's the lip gloss, in case you want to put more on after dinner or maybe even after kissing," Abigail said, winking during the last part.

Ben cleared his throat, and we followed him out. I held the skirt of my dress up with one hand, and my phone and the lip gloss in another.

I climbed in the backseat of the truck, and put my seatbelt on. It's kind of weird sitting back here, since I was always in the front.

Abigail and Ben talked, but I zoned out. I watched houses roll by, thinking about what might happen.

Possibility A is that Daniel doesn't show, and I spend the night dancing with the guys and their dates.

Possibility B is that Daniel shows up with another girl. This one's self explanitory.

Possibility C is that Daniel shows up, but doesn't hang out with me. Almost as bad as B.

Possibility D(my favorite) Daniel comes, confesses that he's in love with me again, and all is well.

Clearly any one of those is possible. Although, B and D don't seem very likely, at this point. So either he doesn't come, or he does and everything is awkward.

We pulled into the parking lot next to Green Tree Park. A lot of people are taking pictures here.

I climbed out of the back, and followed them out to a bunch of guys and a few girls. I guess we're some of the last ones here.

We stopped behind them, and Ben said hello.

Pictures were way more boring than I origionally thought.

First, they did couples. Then, senoirs, followed by juniors. They didn't do sophmores, since there was two and Daniel still didn't show up.

"Team picture?" One guy asked.

They handed off their phones to the girls. I got ready to take pictures of them, but Mark yelled for me to come out, too.

I stood in between Mark and Ben, which was about the middle. We all smiled, and the girls took pictures.

"Wait!" A voice called.

My heart jumped. Daniel!

He came over to us. Daniel had on a tux, like the rest of the boys. Only, Daniel looked really handsome.

I tried to remain calm and take good pictures, then silly pictures with the boys(including me laying across their arms.)

"Lins, can I take one with you?" Daniel asked, walking over to me.

I nodded, a huge grin on my face. We went by the tree.

I looked up at Daniel, surprised when he wrapped his arms around me and pulled my body to lean against his.

"You're my date, right?"

A real smile covered my face. It may not have been said aloud, but I know he feels the same way as I do. It's all in the little gestures.

I turned to face him, still hearing the little clicks coming from my phone camera. I went on the way tips of my toes, and kissed his cheek. Click click.

Tommy wanted a picture with me, since we were good friends. Maybe even best friends. But Daniel still comes first.

Finally, we went out to dinner. It was this cute little Italian resturaunt with the best breadsticks.

I sat between Daniel and Mark. The whole time, we joked like usual. It seemed like the girls went real quiet, unsure just how to socialize with them.

More like keep up. I laughed to myself. I had to learn.

Daniel paid for my food. Even after I repeatedly said I'd pay him back, he still wouldn't even tell me how much it costed.

I rode with him instead of Ben to get to the school. After all, he's my date, and I'm his.

Sometimes I forget that you guys haven't read anything that I haven't published lol. I still have another chapter completely ready to go! So if my author's notes have nothing to do with the chapter, it's because I went to the next chapter to be published and just slapped it at the bottom. Basically.

Oh, and about the new story, I got fifteen reads but no comments. Sorry if the summaries sucked that bad. I guess I'll just work on whatever I feel. Keep checking my profile if you want to read a new story.

Btw, every story I write is better then the last! For proof, check out The Pony Express. It was my first story...