Chapter Nine: Just Too Cute

Turns out that gram had gotten sick from some fish at a resturaunt. It was just hard on her body because she's closer to the end of her life.

The doctor warned her to be more careful on what she ate, making sure all meats were cooked thoroughly.

Daniel left after I told him to. He was there for over an hour, all for me. It made my day.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said to him.

He said the same, then gave me a quick peck on the lips.

My parents took us home around seven. We still had to eat and shower. There's school tomorrow.

I slept in Daniel's sweatshirt last night. The smell was so captivating that I was asleep instantly.

My mom drove me to school in the morning, per usual. I recieved a text from Daniel telling me that he told Ben and Tommy to meet him in the library, and that I should be there too.

I have a feeling that Ben will be a little mad, and will want to have a chat with Daniel too, and Tommy won't really care.

I hopped out of the car, wearing a pair of jeans, the sweatshirt, and a pair of Nike sneakers. Typical lazy day outfit.

The boys were waiting on me. Immeadietly, I sat down, and thought of what to say.

"So, you two must be wondering why you are here. There is something we have to tell you," Daniel said.

Jumping in, I said, "Just promise that you won't kill anyone, hurt anyone, or tell anyone."

"Okay?" Ben said.

"We are kind of dating. It's not official, but we want it to be. Mark already knows," Daniel said.

I sighed in relief when Ben smiled and Tommy just shrugged. Now, we just have to tell the team. Shouldn't be too hard.

-

Well, I was right. Even though they were a little mad about breaking the team code, they all got excited about it.

Excited enough to make a list of rules.

1. NO SEX
2. No kissing in front of us
3. No flirting in front of us
4. No second base
5. No cheating
6. Don't tell us about your relationship
7. Same rules for everything else apply
8. Keep good grades
9. No heartbreaking/crying
10. No tounge

I laughed at the last one. A little too late, don't you think?

But I will follow the rules. It's pretty great of them not to be mad (anymore) and to support us. It makes me so happy.

Who knew my life could get so great? I hung out with the boys every night after practice and games were fun. I always wore Daniel's jersey.

"We have a tournament tomorrow," Mr. James said.

"What time should we be here?" Mark asked.

"Eight. We'll all take a bus."

This was only the second tournament. The first only lasted about five hours. This one should be no big deal.

I got a ride home from Ben today. Immeadietly, I went to sleep. The boys wear me out.

-

I took a bag out, and filled it with my homework, my phone, Daniel's sweatshirt, and a ton of pencils.

Ben picked me up, since my parents are lazy. They already got used to the whole upperclassmen driving me everywhere concept. I think they even like it.

I almost fell asleep in the car. When Ben noticed my drowsy appearence, he turned on the radio.

"If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on, carry on," I launched.

I love Bohemian Rhapsody! It's my favorite Queen song. I've never met a person that's heard this song that doesn't like it.

Ben was chuckling when I looked at him. I frowned in response.

"I thought you were tired," he said.

"Well, I was, the Queen came on, and I had to sing. It's like a sin if you know the words and don't sing," I replied.

Ben just shook his head, and we pulled into the parking lot. There were very few cars here, seeing as it's 7:40 on a Saturday morning.

"Hey, man," John said, climbing out of his truck next to us.

Does every baseball player own a pickup truck? I've always wanted one. Probably once I get my license.

"Aye," Ben responded, giving him a manly high five. By manly, I mean the one where they make it look like they're going to arm wrestle.

I followed the two up to the school, where an old bus sat, waiting for us. Mr. James was standing by te door, holding a clipboard.

"Hanson, Greg, Adams, on the bus," he said, writing on the clipboard. I guessed he was taking attendence.

I got on, and sat in my usual seat. Daniel slid in next to me.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," he responded.

I yawned and layed my head on his shoulder. Daniel wrapped his arm around me.

Then I let myself fall asleep.

-

We played six games today, and won four of them. We placed second out of five teams. To celebrate, we all went out for ice cream.

Luckily, this place was in walking distance from the school. It's a little stand called Frosty Freeze. It's been around for thirty years, according to the sign.

Apparently Ben and Mark always used to come here to pick up "chicks" who came here with their friends. The started it as a tradition for after tournaments.

"I'll have a small vanilla with Oreos," I said to the lady working the counter.

"And I'll be paying for that," Daniel intervined. Then he ordered his, and payed.

We were the first to sit down. Ben came over and sat across from us with his ice cream.

"You two are too cute. Give me your phones," he said. I love how considerate Ben was.

I gave him my phone, and Daniel gave his. We leaned together, and smiled. I looked up to Daniel to find him looking at me. My eyes lit up just looking at him.

"This one's my favorite," Ben said. He handed Daniel his phone with a picture pulled up.

It was the two of us. My eyes crinkled up from my huge smile, and Daniel was looking down at me with that look. The look that made my heart melt when I knew that it was because of me.

The rest of the boys came. We ate our ice cream, which happened to be the most delicious ice cream I've ever had, by the way.

Daniel took me home again. We laughed and joked around the whole time. I even set my phone to record the whole thing so I could hear his laugh whenever I wanted. It was just so soothing.

We pulled into my driveway. After I unbuckled, I leaned over to kiss him of the cheek. He caught it, and turned his face so our lips collided. It was sweet, and he wouldn't let me leave.

Finally, we broke apart, and I took my phone from the dash board, and stopped the video.

I practically floated inside. I have a boyfriend. A pretty great one, too. And I love him so much.