Four: Secrets and Crushes

"So, one time, I borrowed my sister's underwear, and wore it to a party because I thought that girls liked guys in thongs. But I was wrong, and when I was with this girl, I took off my pants, and she ran away laughing." Mark said.

We all laughed along. Typical Mark.

"Man, you are stupid. Lindsey, what would you do if you were at a party with a guy and he was wearing a thong?" Tommy asked.

"First of all, she best not be at a party. Second, she better not be having sex. We'll kill any guy who tries anything on her," Ben said.

"Ugh, seriously, Ben? And that would be totally disgusting. Mark, you're an idiot," I replied.

"Lesson learned. Anyways, who's next?" Mark asked.

"Oh, you guys'll love hearing this," Ben said, "when I was at my house, all alone, my neighbor came and banged on the door. I was really scared because I thought he was a murderer, so I hid in my closet. When my parents got home, they found me with a long knife and grounded me for a week."

"That's nothing. Once, when Becca was at my house, we were making out and we ended up in our underwear. We went into my parents' room to get some condoms. I didn't think they would be home yet, but my dad walked in to see her on their bed half naked. Of course, I was in the bathroom so he got really confused," Josh said.

Man, these seniors and their hormones. At least they're already 18, so it's legal.

"What about you, Daniel. Got any sex fails?" Josh asked.

"Um, no, I'm only 16. That would be illegal."

"I was 15 the first time I did it," Mark said, "anyways, got a funny story?"

"Yeah, I do. Once, I walked in on my sister and her boyfriend, and they didn't notice me, so I closed the door, and my dad walked by. He asked what she was doing, so I told him they're doing homework. He took that as an okay to walk in, and we both ended uo grounded."

It's funny because most of them have older siblings and I only have younger siblings.

"Lindsey?"

"Hm?"

"Do you have a funny story?"

"Um, well, I don't know. Nothing cones to mind."

"Really? What about that time, in track?" Daniel asked.

"Man, that was the worst. In track, when I was in 7th grade, it was raining once during practice. I was really tired, so I sat down on the track. I had a huge circle on my butt because it got wet and black. And of course, Daniel was there."

"So you're saying that everyone was looking at your butt?" Mark asked.

"Yeah."

"I'll stab all of their eyes. No more sitting on the wet track."

"Ughhhh."

This is going to be a long season.

When Ben checked his phone, it was 3:30. "Shit, we have to be back. Bus leaves in fifteen. We haven't even gotten pictures!"

Pictures? With my hair like this? No way. Daniel started rowing us to shore. When we got there, we both jumped out and pulled the canoe back to it's home.

Everyone grabbed their stuff from the tables, and handed off their phones to the JV and Freshmen players. I gave someone my phone and stood next to all of the guys.

"Good picture first. Then a silly one." Someone from the other side said.

I stood there, smiled, and leaned into Tommy, who was next to me. As soon as the voice said silly pictures, I stuck one leg forward, squated down, and made my hands into finger guns with a seductive look on my face. Some of the other guys did similar things, while others jumped on peoples backs', and other funny poses.

After everyone started to walk away and get their phones, I found the kid with my phone and looked at all the pictures.

"Damn, who's the sexy thang on the left side?" Ben joked.

"Meeeeee!!!!" Tommy yelled.

"Excuse me?" I said, raising my eyebrows. Obviously, it was a joke.

We all laughed, and got in our spots on the bus. We all ended up with 300 seconds on our Snapchat stories, each picture only three seconds long, with a few videos.

These guys are pretty great. Finally, I can hang with guys who will treat me like another human being. It's so nice.

"Lindsey, look here," Sam said.

When I turned to face him, he had his phone up, so I shielded my face.

"Got it!" he yelled.

I lunged on him and grabbed his phone. It was too late. The picture was already on his story.

"Ass," I muttered before sitting back down.

"It's what big brothers are for!"

I didn't mind all of that though. It was actually pretty funny and I'm pretty sure they enjoyed pissing me off.

The bus pulled into the school parking lot. I spotted my mom's car and ran to it after saying my goodbyes.

"Hey, sweetie, how was the trip?" She asked as soon as I opened the door.

"It was so much fun. Since the water was so cold, we just went canoeing to the center of the lake and told stories. The guys are all so nice and they treat me like I'm just another guy. It's really nice."

"That's good."

The rest of the drive home was silent. I climbed out of the car and took my stuff up to my room. I smelled like lake right now, so I hopped in the shower.

When I got out, I threw on a pair of spandex and a t-shirt. Then I went downstairs to find out what was for dinner.

"Lindsey, can you make pizza?" My dad asked. He went back out into the garage without even letting me answer.

Sighing, I turned the oven on. Both of my sisters were sitting on the couch, watching Spongebob. Typical.

"What kind of pizza do you guys want?" I asked them.

Without even looking up, they both said sausage. My parents both like sausage too, so I decided to make two.

I started the oven to preheat. Then I took the pizzas out of the packaging and set them on pizza racks.

As soon as the oven was ready, I put te pizzas in, eager for supper. I'm so hungry right now.

When they came out, I yelled to everyone that it's ready, and cut up the pizza. We all sat down at the table with our food. No one said anything. No one made eye contact. What a strange family I have.

*****Max Irons as Daniel🔝