Chapter 18: What Happens at a Party

"Hey, babe," Tommy said, hugging me to his chest when I opened the door.

It's Friday, finally. I put on a tank top and a pair of shorts before Tommy arrived. He was wearing khaki shorts and a polo.

We got in his truck and rode to the party. It was only about fifteen minutes away from my house.

The music was loud. This is the first time I've ever been to a party. I just hope not to get into any trouble.

When we got into the house, someone called Tommy over, so he told me he'd be back in a minute.

I went into what appeared to be a dining room. It's already been fifteen minutes.

There were some people sitting around the table playig cards. A guy asked me if I wanted to play. He said it was strip poker.

I shook my head, and walked back into the living room. Even though I didn't drink anything, I felt like I was going to throw up.

Tommy was on a couch. Kissing a girl.

I couldn't say anything. I tried to run away, but I tripped. He noticed, and broke away.

I heard his apologies as I sped to the kitchen. He must've given up, since I didn't see him following anymore.

"Hey there," a guy said. He was leaning against the counter sipping from a water bottle.

"Aren't you that guy from the baseball game?" I asked. I snapped, trying to remember what Mark and Ben had called him.

"Davidson? Yep, that's me," he took a drink, "and you're Lindsey, right?"

"Yeah," I replied, subconciously.

"Listen, I don't know what they told you about me, but I won't hurt you or stone you or get you drunk or anything."

"Ben told me you raped his sister," I whispered.

"Damnit," he said, barely audible. "Listen, that was three years ago. We were both drunk. I haven't had sex since then. Honest."

"I believe you. So how come you have water?" I asked.

"A guy can't quench his thirst? I'm kidding, I haven't drank alcohol since that night, and water's the only non-alcoholic thing here. Do you want some?" Davidson offered me an unopened bottle from the top of the fridge.

"I'm good for now. So what's your first name?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. I'm Kyle. One question for you, one for me. Why did you run into here and cry?"

"Tommy was kissing another girl," I said. I felt like I could trust him with that.

"Why didn't he come after you?"

"I don't know. I-I just, ugh. This is the worst feeling ever," I replied.

"I know how you feel. I used to date Tills' sister, until she dumped me after that night. All because we were caught by her brother," Kyle said.

"That sucks ass," I responded, feeling confident enough to cuss.

"You look like you need a hug," Kyle observed. I nodded, and he pulled me close.

"I've been going through so much lately."

"I figured, seeing as you have an ankle brace," Kyle replied.

"We were hit by a drunk driver. Ben, Tommy, Daniel, and me. Daniel lost his memory, so he didn't remember us dating," I said.

"That sucks ass, too. Guess life decided to throw some curve balls, eh?"

"Yeah," I replied, laughing and sniffling.

Kyle shuffled his feet so he could lean against the counter next to me.

"I take it Tommy was your ride?" I nodded. "I can drive you home, if you need."

"Lins?!"

Daniel came in the kitchen.

"What the hell? Did Tommy take you?"

"Daniel, it's alright!" I tired to calm him.

"God, he's such a dumbass. I'm as wise as an 8th grader, yet he takes you to a party," Daniel said, clearly frusturated.

"Dude, chill, she's fine," Kyle butted in.

"Am I supposed to know him?" Daniel asked me.

"That's Kyle Davidson, he plays varsity for the Hornets," I said.

"You're that guy that Ben told me about, right?"

"It's all in the past. Haven't drank or had sex since then, dude. And you're lucky I'm here. Someone could've came in here and taken advantage of miss 5'2" here," Kyle said.

It surprised me how calm they both were. Biggest out-of-conference rivalry of out school and theirs(because of Ben and Kyle) and they are being rational.

"Thanks, I guess. Lins, I'm taking you home," Daniel said.

"Sorry for slapping you the other day!" I yelled over my shoulder as I followed Daniel outside.

Tommy was still kissing the girl when we walked by. Daniel took my hand, and sped up our pace.

When we got to his truck, Daniel turned around and pulled me in for a hug. My body shook with sobs.

Without another word, we got into the truck, rode to my house, and I got out. Then I went inside.

Pulling out my phone, I texted Tommy.

L-We're over.

T-I can explain everything.

L-Oh really?

T-It was a dare.

L-I hope we can still be friends.

I turned my phone off, and went to sleep.

-

When I woke up, I turned my phone back on, but only to text Daniel where the visitation was.

I saw missed calls from Ben and Mark and the other boys.

I sent out a mass text to everyone(excluding Daniel and Tommy, of course) saying that I got home safely, and didn't drink anything.

I got out of bed, stretched, and showered. I put on a black blouse, blue jean shorts, and some black sneakers for the visitation.

I got in the car with my family, and we rode together to the church.

I know it's short but it's really condensed. Do you trust Kyle? Comment!!!