Chapter 15: She's Back

Only one more day in this place. The doctors said that once I leave, I have to wear the bandages for a few days, come back and have them changes, then another few days, then come back and hopefully get them off.

Daniel has to stay for another week after me. Ben still can't practice, but Tommy just got his stitches out so now he can.

I start school on Monday. The doctor told me that I still need to use crutches until they give me the okay. Tommy offered to walk me to every class and carry my backpack.

Tommy also helped me with all of my homework. And he was my psyciatrist. Tommy is basically everything.

I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. After all, I just ate dinner.

I decided to flip through channels until I felt sleepy.

-

Coming back to school was surprisingly easy. Everyone was really nice about it, and wanted to sign my cast. Sadly, the team already covered the whole thing.

I was kept up-to-date on my schoolwork, thanks to Tommy. He even got me a little ahead.

Tommy kept his word in walking me to every class. I kept telling him that someone else could, so he wouldn't be late to class, but he insisted.

During practice, I sat on the bench with Ben. We talked the whole time, about all sorts of things.

Ben wasn't allowed to drive, so Mark drove both of us home. So convinient that I managed the varsity team, a.k.a. the guys who can drive.

I haven't talked much with my parents about the subject. They know that it's not any of our faults.

Sam and Em haven't been talking to me, either. I feel so distant from them. They are my sisters, for crying out loud!

On Saturday, I walked (more like, crutched) with them to get some ice cream. I figured we can bond while laughing at how sticky the tables were.

It's nice just to leave it all behind, for once. This whole managing thing took over my life. Sometimes I just need to forget about it.

The sun shone bright. I can't believe how warm it is, already. Luckily, there weren't many cars on the road, so I could enjoy a quiet walk. Except the girls were talking.

Sam and Em were really good about the situation. They even told me that they thought Tommy liked me.

"You can't be serious! We're just friends," I replied.

"But he likes you. Did any of the other guys offer to help you to class, even though it meant they'd be late everytime?" Em said.

For being ten and twelve, they're pretty great. They do nails amazingly, they figure out boys better than me, and they can still loosen up and have a good time.

"Well, no, but-"

"No but's. He likes you. So forget about Daniel, he doesn't remember it, and be with Tommy. You always have fun with him, anyways," Sam said.

Maybe they were right. I should forget about Daniel. After all, he already forgot about me.

"Call him right now and tell him to meet us here," Em instructed.

"Yeesh," I muttered, scrolling through my contacts, looking for Tommy.

He answered immeadietly. "Hey, Lins. What's up?"

"My little sisters," they glared at me, "want you to come to the ice cream place with us."

"Fun, I'll be there in a few," he replied.