Chapter 14: Memories

"Knock, knock, I'm coming in," Tommy said, slowly opening the door.

"Yay, homework," I said sarcastically.

Tommy threw his backpack on the ground and opened it up. He handed me a few papers.

"Oh, and here's your phone," he added, giving me that, too.

"Wait, why did you have it?" I asked.

"No reason."

I gave up on trying to figure out what the real answer was. I'm way too tired to pursue anything.

The doctors kept me busy all day, from changing bandages to various tests. They asked tons of questions, and had me eat a lot, since I lost a few pounds.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"With Daniel," Tommy replied, lowering his head.

"Of course," I said, my voice squeaking.

"Do you want help with your homework?" Tommy asked, changing the subject.

"Probably."

Tommy spent the next half hour helping me figure everything out. Good thing he's a junior.

The rest of the boys stopped by at seven. Took them long enough.

"Hey, Lins, sorry we can't stay long, but we have homework too, so see you tomorrow," one said. I didn't bother to look up.

"Bye," I said.

I don't care about them seeing Daniel instead. After all, he has more pain than I do. He can suffer.

Lindsey, what the heck are you thinking? I swear, this hospital is slowly driving me insane.

Tommy left around eight. Such a good friend. He said he was going to say hey to Daniel then leave, since he too had homework.

I was about to go to sleep when a nurse came into my room.

"Daniel has requested to see you. And seeing as he can't be transported easily, he was wondering if you'd come to his room."

I didn't hesitate to say yes. Daniel wanting to see me? That's good.

She wheeled me over. I was wearing my sweater again, but my bandages were still very visible. I can't leave all because of those stupid things.

"Hey, Lindsey," Daniel said, once I rolled into the room.

"Hey, Daniel."

"Do you mind helping me remember stuff?" He asked.

"No, not at all. In fact, I would love to."

"First, I want to know more about the relationship we had."

So far, so good. I pulled out my phone, glad I brought it.

"This is when we went to the ice cream place with the team," I said, showing him a picture, "do you have your phone?"

"No, I think my parents do. Why?"

"Ben took the pictures. There was one, where you were looking at me. You said it was your favorite, and you put it as your wallpaper."

"Cool. So we were close?"

I nodded. It will be so hard to get used to this.

"When did we start dating?"

"Officially, it was a Sunday, late April. But we kissed on Friday night, and Mark almost killed you on Saturday," I said, laughing at the memory.

"Wow. Sounds fun," Daniel commented.