Chapter Eight: Such a Tease

When I woke up, it was already eleven. My stomach growled.

Downstairs, my family milled about, doing different things. Some were eating, some were doing the dishes, and some were reading.

I made myself a sandwich and sat down. My parents and siblings ignored me, just the way I liked it.

I hurried back to my room to get ready. I threw on a different bikini, along with a t-shirt and shorts. I braided my hair, then stuffed my phone in my pocket and waited.

Daniel arrived a few minutes before two. He knocked on the door, and I was first to it.

"Hey. Let's skip the awkward parent meeting and leave now?" I suggested, trying to get through the door.

"Hello, son. I'm Lindsey's father," m dad said, grinning and offering a hand.

I groaned, and Daniel smiled back at him.

"Hello, sir," he replied, shaking my dad's hand.

"You're taking my daughter out?"

"Yes, sir."

"To do what?"

"To swim, sir."

"Are you two dating?"

"Not officially, sir."

"Alright. Make it official, I don't need other boys hitting on her. And protect her," my dad said.

My face was as red as blood. My mom came out to say hello, and my sisters too, all the time I stood on the porch, rubbing my eyes.

"Alright, thank you, loving family, but we have to go," I said, stopping Em mid-sentence during an embarassing story of me.

"It was nice meeting you, Mr. and Mrs. Adams," Daniel said, waving goodbye as we left.

I rushed to the car, eager to leave. I climbed into the truck, and buckled my seatbelt.

"Your middle name is Athena?!" Daniel asked as soon as he got in.

"Gah, my parents were really into the Greek mythology when I was born," I said, shielding my face.

"Cute. I like it."

"What's yours?" I asked, curiously.

"Well, I am Daniel Harold Walker."

"Welcome to the club of hideous middle names," I said, laughing.

"I'm hurt that you find it funny. Harold is a very common name!"

"Common my ass," I replied, shaking my head and chuckling.

"I do love your ass," Daniel said, peeking at me.

"Perv!"

"Hey! The whole team does. They just don't want to tell you."

"Still doesn't give you the right to say that. And congratulations, you guys will never have to see me in leggings or yoga pants ever again!" I said.

"Man. At least I can still see you in a shorts. And a swim suit. You have great legs, too."

"In that case, did I tell you that you have a really nice six pack, and that I'd just love to drag my tounge across it," I said, sarcastically.

"Oh really? 'Cause hun, all you had to do was ask," Daniel replied, grinning.

We pulled into his short driveway, and got out. Daniel walked around to my side and took my hand. We walked around back to the pool.