Chapter 42: The Battle Starts!

Start from the beginning

"Both of you, what do you think we should do?" you asked them, not wanting to prolong your team's location in one spot.

"Uhm, we were hoping you would know (L/n)-san," Dadan replied honestly.

You sighed and rubbed your temples, 'these two are hopeless,' you realized. You stuck out your bottom lip trying to come up with another plan. Kinoko and Dadan waited for a response until Kinoko spoke up.

"What if...what if we attack them this time? And with our first plan, we somewhat collected information about their fighting style, except for the student from Shiketsu High... But we should pursue them instead of running away!"

"You have a point but we cannot risk our name tag from being ripped. To be honest, Dadan is way too detectable and big for him to wear the name tag. They'll surely know right away if he has it. And if I have it, then we risk our lack in the offense if I were to take it," you stated.

"That's it!" Dadan's eyes sparkled. "If the other team is thinking like us, then Kinoko-san shouldn't wear the name tag! She should pretend to wear it while you do!"

"Eh?" You replied in surprise.

Kinoko and Dadan gazed at you with sparkles.

"That's impossible! Even if we do that plan, then how will I be able to protect--!"

"It's alright! Dadan-kun will be right behind you with his fragment missiles! And you said it yourself right? Ojiro or Takaki may be wearing the name tag! And it's obvious with our quirk that both Dadan-kun and I won't be able to get close due to our quirk," Kinoko started to sputter.

You twitched knowing you don't have a better argument than both of your teammates. Trusting them is easy as cutting butter with a hot butter knife, but the anxiousness of your quirk rattled you to your core. How long has it been since you used your quirk under your command? How did your body react when you used your quirk last time for battle?

You were afraid of what your quirk would do to you.

You gulped your nervousness away and kept your emotionless mask on your face. You closed your eye and breathed in, "alright, let's do your plan," you finally decided.

Kinoko and Dadan quietly cheered.

"You better watch my back Dadan-san! And Kinoko-san, do your best to support me while I close up on Team B!" You barked as Kinoko placed the name tag behind your back.

NARRATOR POV

Everyone made confused noises as they watched Team A change who would bear the name tag. Even the I-Island students were making a ruckus as they watched Kinoko place the name tag behind (Y/n).

Kai sent a menacing glare towards where Class 1-B clustered together.

Monoma sent a harsh glare back in return, "What's that? What are you looking at? That's strange, your class president practically took orders from Kinoko-chan, didn't she? That's strange—Hahahahaha!"

Kendou quickly gave him a neck slice, instantly silencing his maniac laughter. "Don't mind him!" she quickly shot the Kai a small smile. But that triggered Kai some more.

"Tch!" he finally looked away from Class-1B and everyone in Class-1B all gave a sigh of relief.

"You saved us Kendou-san," someone muttered.

Axel nudged Kai, "hoy, play nice!"

"Tch, you've become soft on them... Just because they're your dorm-mates," Kai grunted.

Suzu butted in, feeling the air around his two classmates spark. "You two, stop it! It's no time to fight," he sweat-dropped.

Kai and Axel looked away from each other and onto the monitor screen again.

Team A, who had fairly given themselves some distance between the other team, finally started to move again. And this time, they aren't in the middle of the road, but rather, they walked silently on the sidewalk with eyes on high alert.

(Y/n) and Kinoko were walking alongside each other as Dadan took the lead. His missiles ready to fire at any sort of movement or sound that Team B may create.

"T-this is nerve-wracking!" Dadan stuttered.

"Calm down, nothing is happening just yet; don't let your fear overcome you!" Kinoko cheered.

(Y/n)'s eyes darkened, finding the line of words Kinoko had just said to be quite triggering.

(Y/N) POV

'Easy for you to say,' you thought in your head. You shook your head, wanting to empty your mind and focus on the battle.

"Hey (L/n)-chan, you sure are serious all the time," Kinoko started.

You stopped in your tracks and looked at the ground.

"(L/n)-chan? S-sorry if that made you uncomfortable I was just—!"

"PPSHT!" You shushed the rambling girl.

You closed your eyes and put all your focus into your sense of hearing. You could hear footsteps, but where? You opened your eyes and let your instincts override your actions.

"You two! Above us!" You screamed.

Both Dadan and Kinoko jumped away from you and readied themselves to use their quirk. As they distance themselves from you, you felt a shadow dropping down from atop the buildings. You looked up to see Ojiro about to whip you with his tail.

(┛✧Д✧))┛彡┻━┻

A/N: Ojiro used Tail whip! Will it be effective!?