Twenty Eight

Let's have a Wedding

•••

It's been two weeks since Dante and Harry had their trip to New Haven. Between these two weeks, Meryl announced to her daughter that she is getting married to her new boyfriend in two weeks, which means that today everyone is getting ready for a wedding.

Not wanting to spend a lot of money in the wedding, George offered to prepare the yard of Meryl's house into a wedding ceremony. Everyone is really excited for Meryl, expect her own daughter.

Angel and George are picking up her dress for her mother's big day and her displeasure is all over her face.

"I think you should be more excited about your mother. It's time for her to start living her life again.", George says to his best friend.

"I know that I should be happy, but she has terrible taste in men and honestly I believe that she is rushing the wedding.", Angel sighs as she shares her opinion on this day.

"I think that it's not just that, however, I'm not going to push you into telling me. Now remember that Andre will come by the house an hour before the wedding, so you can at least share your true, honest opinion with your boyfriend.", George says and drinks his smoothie.

Angel shares one past look at her dress, a medium length, white dress with a phew light pink stripes.

•••

While some of them are still getting ready, Dante already is and waits for Scotty and Elektra to come pick him up from the penthouse. His best friend and his girlfriend finally arrive, a little late and as he opens the door to join them outside, the couple walks inside, fighting over what Scotty intends to give as a gift to the newlyweds.

"Dante, say something, he is going to give the worst gift ever.", Elektra tries to make Dante to stop Scotty.

"Why don't I like that?, Dante express his opinion even before he learns what's the gift.

Scotty doesn't care about the comments at all and gets ready to sing...

"Since Marco is black and Meryl a latina, I thought of a really great song...The World is BLACK, the world is WHITE. It turns by day and then by night, SO SHE GOT JUNGLE FEVER, SHE GOT JUNGLE FEVER, they are in LOVE!", Scotty finishes the song and both Elektra and Dante are truly speechless.

"So buddy, what do you think?", Scotty asks Dante on their way out of the building.

"I think you were drop on your head when you were little.", Dante responds and Elektra smiles, making her happy that someone other than her believes she is right.