Nine

Faking it

•••

BluzJazz.
Location: Upper East Side.
Time: 20:25 p.m

"Are you ready to face a hundred of reporters?", Crystal says to Dante as she smokes one last cigarette before they leave their limo and step outside.

Dante's patience is slowly leaving his body as Crystal really takes her time with that cigarette. Eventually he takes it from her and throws it away.

"My God, you're so uptight sometimes.", she says to him while see checks her hair and make up one last time. Then they hold hands and step outside. The reporters go crazy and Dante gets a little spooked by the sudden interest for a picture with him and Crystal.

After a few pictures have been taken, Crystal and Dante walk inside BluzJazz, the jazz club that has it's opening and many other celebrities are there to promote it.

Dante and Crystal are given two glasses of champagne and check their surroundings. Crystal whispers at Dante's ear to look at his right...

"Woah, Dusty Springfield? I love her music. Should I ask for an autograph?"

"No Dante, after being a celebrity for about 4 years, I thought that you would have come to understand that you should stop funboying.", Crystal responds to him with a fake smile, not to break character as the reporters are watching them.
Eventually the 'couple' splits to do different stuff. Crystal finds a designer she once walked for...

"Hector, I can't believe you are here. I thought you would have been to Paris already."

The designer doesn't seem to happy that Crystal spotted him. He tries to avoid her, however Crystal makes sure that won't happen...

"Let me buy you a real drink what do you say?"

"Crystal! Stop following me. Accept that you're almost thirty. I won't let you wear my clothes. Try becoming an actress. That's what most fading models do.", he says to her and disappears into the crowd.

On the other of the club, Dante is pretending that he is listening what some top notch record executives are saying to him about his music. He is smiling and agreeing with everything that he is hearing...

"Oh, I just saw the buffet. I have to go try something. I'm starving you see. Catch up with you later.", Dante says and breaths fresh air out of relief that he managed to avoid them.

•••

Delatier's Producation Studio.
Time: 21:05 p.m

Gaston is filming his latest short film with Angel in a starring role. He worships her and treats her like a big star.

It's been almost a month since this partnership has started and since mid to late June, Angel has not been acting like herself. She has been returning home really late, she started becoming more loose. That's definitely not an effect of weed. Or just weed.