Seven

Summer Of '72

•••

George's room.
Few seconds later.

George is still staring at the wall, he the turns to his desk and looks at the money. He gets up and opens a drawer. There he finds a small yellow box. He takes it out and opens it. Then he takes out of the box a picture. It's from their final day at school.

Moments after his graduation. He smiles for a second. Angel is there, Elliott is there, Barbara, who is now studying chemistry at California. Then he sees Steven, smiling, something very rare for him as it would destroy his bad boy persona. George always loved messing around with his dirty blonde curls and grabbing his beloved sunglasses.

Then someone knocks the door. It's Angel. George thinks for a second if he should open or not. Then without a second thought, he unlocks the door and Angel walks inside. She notices that George is holding their graduation photo that Meryl took. She holds his hand...

"Georgie, my mother told me about the money. I can't believe that Elliott did that."

"Do you remember that summer?", George asks Angel.

"How could I forget it. Nothing was the same after it ended...", Angel responds as they look at their picture...

•••

June 4th 1972.
Location: Sunset bar.
15:43 p.m

George, Elliott, Angel, Barbara and Steven are celebrating their graduation day, as with every other final day of school, they are at Sunset bar for more fun and beers. Barbara and Angel are talking about the first's one move to California, while Elliott is trying to make out with George.

Steven tries not to look at them, but unfortunately the bar is not so big and he can't turn his chair around.

George who also feels uncomfortable and doesn't feel like making out at such a public place, pushes Elliott away...

"Did I dο something wrong?", Elliott asks George.

"Barbara is leaving in a few days, I want to spend as much time with her as I can."

Elliott understands and goes to buy more beers for him and George. Then George turns to Steven who is trying so hard not to laugh.

"I guess you are having so much fun with this, right?"

"I'm just happy that school and I are officially over.", Steven says with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"I never said thank you for pushing me to accept that scholarship. Thank you Steven, really."

The two boys look at each other without blinking an eye. They are trying to enjoy the seconds they have alone before going back to pretending that George likes Elliott and Steven hates every type of relationship.