Ten

The Inbetween

•••

Mid June.
Half month ago.

"Angel, wake up! Why are you still wearing your make up?", Meryl yells to her daughter as she tries to wake her up. However it seems unlikely for Angel to give any sign of life other than snoring.

George hears the yelling and comes out of his room. He finds Meryl inside Angel's room. Once he looks at his friend and notices that she is still in her night outfit, he realizes that she probably came home at hour or two before Meryl saw her.
George holds Meryl's hand and tries to relax her. They go outside and let Angel sleep.

Meryl heads to the kitchen and tries to hold back her tears. She looks at George and hugs him.

"I don't recognize my own child lately. George what has gotten into her?", Meryl asks the only person who has to know something.

Unfortunately George is pretty clueless too. He avoids looking Meryl in the eyes because he is sad that this family is falling apart and he can't help his best friend.

" George! Please. GEORGE!"

•••

"Huh! What the hell?", George says and opens his eyes.

The first thing he sees in front of him is Dante, who is also waking up from their last night misadventure. He sees George's face and smiles...

"Morning rebel, I take it you didn't had a great sleep?", Dante asks him.

"You guessed right. I close my eyes and the only thing is see is guilt, that I left the only real family I ever had."

"Some battles are not yours, you know. I believe you did the right thing."

Then Dante gets up and quickly puts some pants on. He gives George his t-shirt and his panties. Then both of the boys head to the kitchen.

They are really hungry and Dante gets ready some cereals. He starts eating.

Few moments later, Crystal wakes up and joins the boys too. She looks at George and tries to remember who he is. Since she was pretty drunk last night, she barely has a memory of what happened after they left the club.

She steps closer and checks him upside down to see if he has any recognizable features. Once she sees his shirt, she gives Dante a naughty laugh and says...

"You're the boy from Wildwood. I thought Dante didn't bring his liaisons here. Too risky."

Dante spits the cereals out of his mouth when he hears Crystal saying this. George is disgusted by the food that lays all around the table and pretty much annoyed by Crystal's comments.

Crystal doesn't give a dman about the mess and continues to talk to George...

"So, nice shirt. I take it, that you like Led Zeppelin. They are fine, I have met them once or twice, I was probably too drunk to remember."