Prologue

1971.

•••

New York City.
8:45 a.m
Location: Times Square.

It's a sunny day at New York City and everyone is going to their work.
Cars are everywhere and the traffic is unbearable. A young woman named Angel Deville is trying to catch her bus to Brooklyn.

"Can you please move, please my bus is going to leave.", she is fast enough and manages to hop in the bus seconds before it leaves.

She finds a seat next to an old lady.
The old lady is not very fond of Angel as doesn't like to be near a Latina.

1 hour later, Angel finally gets off the bus. She is tired and in a serious need for coffee. Thankfully her best friend who just arrived from Greece hours ago, is holding two coffees in his hands and sits on his suitcase.
Angel hugs him and he responds to her by saying...

"You owe me 10 bucks for those coffees. Things here are overpriced as fuck."

"Oh my, George Kou-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. I don't want to hear that last name again in my life."

"And how am I going to call you?"

"Usually I go by my first name. Call me just George."

There is an awkward silence for a few seconds, then the two best friends start laughing and Angel helps George with his suitcase.
She is extremely happy that he will be living with her and share the same high school. That being said, she really hopes her friend manages to fit in and not relive the reasons he left his country.

"So Hermes and I broke up."

"I guessed it. It would have been a little hard to stay in a relationship with him while you are at another country."

"Yeah, you know what? Men suck. From now on I take an oath. Never again in a relationship. Just sex."

"Sure, I have to see it with my own two eyes to believe this."

All the way across town.
Meanwhile.

"And I'm gonna be right here, waitin' for you baby...", a young man is recording his first song at a small record studio. His manager and his best friend are looking at him behind the glass.
They seem proud and a talent hunter, who is sitting behind them looks pleased by his performance.
His best friend Scotty is telling the manager...

"Told ya, he is a moneymaker."

"That will be seen, however I heard that the studio is very pleased. They believe he is the next Bob Dylan or something."

"I'm telling you, Bob Dylan is nothing in front of Dante."

Then Dante walks out of the recording room and his best friend hugs him. Dante seems so happy. He feels one step closer to making his dream come true.
The talent hunter walks towards him and gives him his number...

"I'm from Red Line Studio. Give me a call if you're interested on becoming a big star.", after that the man departs and Scotty looks at Dante while he is screaming.
Dante smiles. Looks like he only has to make a call and he will be the next Bob Dylan.

" Scotty, call Reggie the barman and tell him to have a bottle of champagne ready cause I'm going to become very very rich my man!"

"Woohoo! All the girls will be at our door now."

"Yeah I guess." Dante says with a fake laugh.

The Story Begins...

Can't Be Into YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara