Us Next?

During Mickey and Ian's wedding.

Hannah stood at the bar waiting for a beer. She still couldn't get over how her brother and her best friend got married. She was happy for them both. They were finally able to have a somewhat normal life. Even though her dad will probably still try to mess it up. She got her beer and walked back to the dance floor.

Zegan ran around with Franny. He was the cutest thing in his white button-up shirt, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. His hair was a curly mess even though Hannah tried to slick it back before the wedding. The toddlers ran right in front of Hannah as she tried to walk over to Carl. She smiled at Ian and Mickey as they danced when she passed them. Mickey noticed and with a smile he flipped her off.

Carl wrapped his arm around Hannah's waist when she reached him. He put his head in the crook of her neck and kissed the soft skin. "Quit being a sap." Hannah pulled away from him and walked over to a table. Carl rolled his eyes and turned to face her.

"Aren't you supposed to be all romantic and shit at these things?" He held his arms out. Hannah put her beer on the table.

"Yeah cause we are so fucking romantic." Hannah walked over to him. Carl put his hands on her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"You look so fucking hot in this dress." He purred into her ear. Her dress was a simple black dress with spaghetti straps that stopped mid-thigh. Her hair was curled and down. Her make up was just black winged eyeliner and some lip balm. She wore her beat-up converse. That had old Sharpe on them that said 'fuck off' on one shoe and 'fuck you' on the other. Mickey wanted her to wear small black heels and she agreed. But at last minute she changed into her converse and he hadn't seemed to notice. She didn't want to walk around in heels it would hurt too much.

"It's pretty uncomfortable, to be honest." Hannah let Carl pull her to the dance floor. Before she could argue Carl interrupted her.

"Just one song won't hurt." She gave in fast as a slow song came on. Carl wrapped his arms around her waist and closed the gap between them. With a smile, Hannah put her arms around his neck. They never danced like this with each other but she liked it and so did Carl. "So think it's us next?"

"What?"

"Us up there promising our love to each other." Carl tilted his head towards where Mickey and Ian exchanged their vows. Hannah shook her head.

"No, I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I'll be yours forever. Plus I got a ring already." She shook her finger that had Carl's promise ring on it.

"Maybe it would be nice you know?" Carl looked at the ground. He knew this would be a difficult conversation.

"I had a kid with you. I think that's enough of a commitment." Hannah said matter of factly.

"I know but we could be like a real family." By the look on Hannah's face, he knew he said something wrong. She dropped her hands from his neck and took a step back.

"So this whole time we haven't been a fucking family? I don't know Gallagher but it seems like you're going soft on me." She walked away and grabbed a pack of smokes before walking out of the building. Carl chased after her.

Hannah sat on the steps of the building smoking a cigarette. Carl sat down next to her. "You know I didn't mean it like that." Hannah didn't say anything as she handed him the cigarette. He took it and continued. "We could all have the same last name."

"You don't need to have the same last name to be a family. Its who you would die for." Hannah looked down at her feet as she talked. Her father had the same last name she did but she never counted him as family. Carl nodded his head in agreement. She was right since the first day Ian brought her to his house she has been family.

"Yeah, it doesn't matter if we get married or not." Carl handed the cigarette back to Hannah and stood up. She could tell he wanted to get married. It was just up to her to finish the decision. It was clearly a big deal for him. She stood up and stopped him from going back to the party. She held the sides of his face.

"Carl I love you more than anything. If one day you wanna get hitched we will go get hitched." Hannah pulled him down to her and kissed him. Carl happily kissed back. They pulled away from each other for air.

"We should go back and make sure our kid hasn't killed anyone." Carl held Hannah's hand.

They both walked back into the building. Zegan was dancing with Franny. Surprisingly he wasn't causing any trouble. Hannah thought to herself maybe it would be nice to do all of this shit.