Party

When all are in high school.
Hannah finished getting dressed. She was wearing a black crop top and black skinny jeans. It was Friday night and she was invited to a party. She went to a party every Friday night much to her older brother's dismay. Her hair was in waves from wearing french braids at school that day. She put a little mascara on and black high top converse. She was invited by a boy named Alec. He was a boy Hannah has known since she started high school a couple of months ago. He had the bad boy reputation but that didn't bother her and she didn't want anything serious. They have slept with each other before but both promised to never catch feelings. "I don't trust this guy." Mickey walked into his younger sister's room.
"Mickey, I told you it's nothing serious and Ian is coming with me." She reassured him. Ian went to every party Hannah did. They may not hang out with each at the parties but they knew both of them were there. Her phone went off, Alec texted her. He texted her all the time. This time he asked if she was coming to the party still. She answered with a quick yes.
A knock was on the front door. Terry got up from the couch with a huff. With no shirt on and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, he opened the door. Ian stood on the porch.
"Hi, Mr. Milkovich." He greeted. Terry huffed at the redhead that seemed to show up on his doorstep every day.
"Hannah that Gallagher boy is here." He yelled and walked back to the couch. Hannah quickly walked past her brother and to the front door.
"Bye, dad." She said before shutting the door behind her. Ian and she started their two block-long walk to Alec's house.
"I don't know why you make me go to these parties? All I do is watch you make out with guys." Ian teased the younger girl.
"I wouldn't be allowed to go if you didn't." She smirked.
"I know." The taller boy threw his arm around her shoulders. She leaned into his side.
The best friends reached the road the party was on. Thank god it was the south side or every person who lived on the street would have been calling the cops because of the loud music. They walked in the door. The smell of cigarettes, weed, alcohol, and sweat filled the medium-sized house. "I'm gonna go find Alec," Hannah yelled over the music.
"Okay see you later," Ian yelled back. They gave each other a quick hug before going their separate ways.
Hannah walked into the kitchen to grab a drink before trying to find her fuck buddy. She poured vodka into a red plastic cup. Arms wrapped around her waist as she lifted the cup to her lips. She could tell who it was when they smiled against her neck before kissing the soft skin. "Took long enough to get here," Alec said. Hannah turned around so she was facing him.
"Well someone was too busy to pick me up." She mocked the boy.
"Shut up and come dance." He grabbed her hand and led her to the living room. They grinned against each other between other sweaty teenagers.
After a couple of hours of drinking, smoking weed, and dancing Alec stood in the kitchen talking to one of his friends. Hannah stood next to him downing another cup of vodka. She pulled on Alec's t-shirt sleeve. "I'm going to the bathroom." He nodded his head and went back to talking. Hannah pushed her way through drunk teenagers to the upstairs bathroom.
She did what she had to do and fixed her hair a little before going back down to Alec. On her way down the steps, she saw someone with fiery red hair sitting on them. She ruffled Ian's hair. He smiled up at her. She smiled back and went to the kitchen. She stood in the doorway of the kitchen and looked for the older boy. Her stomach turned to a knot when she found him, in the corner with another girl. Making out with the girl, just like he would with Hannah. She felt like the room was closing in on her. She bottled to the door to get away from it. People cursed at her when she pushed them. The night air was cold on Hannah's once warm skin. She walked down the sidewalk forgetting about her best friend, who was still at the party.
Ian saw Hannah bolt out the door. By the look on her face, he knew something wasn't right. He followed her hoping everything was alright. He got outside and saw the shorter girl walking away from the loud house. "Hannah." He yelled trying to get her attention. She didn't stop, it looked like she started to walk faster. Knowing that she wasn't going to stop, Ian ran after her. "What happened?" He asked once he reached her.
"Nothing." She said but her face told another story. You promised she told herself.
"Hannah you're lying." Ian wasn't surprised by the Milkovich girl.
"I don't want to fucking talk about it." Hannah wrapped her arms around herself trying not to freeze. Ian took his hoodie off and put it on her shoulders.
They finished their walk to the Milkovich house in silence the only noise was the normal south side night sounds. Hannah hugged Ian and held on to him like he was the only thing she had, which was true. Ian hugged back just as tight. "I love you," Hannah whispered into his neck.
"I love you too." They pulled away from each other. Ian knew something was wrong but he knew not to keep asking or he would get a punch to the jaw.
"Goodnight Ian," Hannah said before stepping into her house.
"Goodnight Hannah."